Wyrmstooth (by Jonx0r)

TechAngel85

I've never played it either, but since it appeared back on Nexus I figured I would post it here again for comments. These mods have always been outside of Mandate due to being mostly complete fabrications without any basis, albeit, still good fabrications. It's recently gotten more voiced actors and a lot of bug fixes.

31 minutes ago, DoubleYou said:

I have played it, and it is quite good. Actually using it now in my testing setup, as I wanted to have some new quests as I have played the vanilla quests way too much. 

Since you're played it, how you would you rate it against the Mandates?

It's been years, and I just started the quest again (doing a bunch of the new worldspaces on my current build). IIRC, it fit the game quite well in that it doesn't do anything really contrary to lore, and it makes use of the East Empire Company, draugr, dragons, Dwarven ruins and such in a very DLC kind of way. Of course, it is not really something that builds off existing lore, and tells its own story/creates its own island, so it's not in the same vein as Oakwood or the like. 

I have the same opinion as @DoubleYou here. Very nice mod that fits in and it is a good choise if STEP wants to give the guide users a bit of new content.

It is also very well maintained and get regular updates. (Oakwood on the other hand, since it is mentioned above, i never liked, but thats just my personal view)

34 minutes ago, z929669 said:

It's technically new content, but we use other mods that add new content (even quest content).

IMO, if it is lore friendly and doesn't disrupt vanilla content, then I am all for it.

I'm of the same opinion.

New content doesn't exclude it from the Mandates. It just has to fit with the rest of the Mandate, which basically means it feels like it's original game content. For any new content it should integrate itself into the game fairly seamlessly so that it feels like it was always there. This means if it adds new harvestables, items, magic, shops, etc. they should all be integrated into the game mechanics, like factions, leveled lists, recipes, constructables, etc. For example, if a mod adds a new weapon that is "common" and that mod is an island off the coast of Skyrim, it should be expected to find that weapon in places throughout Skyrim...meaning it's been added to vanilla leveled lists.

That is how all new content mods should be evaluated.