Mesh Patch for Various Mods (by ShatterRock)

DoubleYou

Discussion topic:
Mesh Patch for Various Mods by ShatterRock
Wiki Link

Install the following. Need to decide if we are merging all or installing each just after the mod being fixed. I prefer the latter for testing, but we may want to merge ultimately for the guide:

• Assorted Mesh Fixes - SMIM - Blended Roads Patch
  • Skyrim Particle Patch for ENB - Assorted Mesh Fixes - Solitude Mesh Fixes Patch
  • Skyrim Particle Patch for ENB - ELFX - Unofficial Material Fix Patch
  • SMIM - Quality Addon - Unofficial Material Fix Patch
  • Unofficial Material Fix - Assorted Mesh Fixes Patch

The "SMIM - Assorted Mesh Fixes Patch" is not needed. The blacksmith fix is already included in 'Flickering Meshes Fix' and the bridge is included in the "Assorted Mesh Fixes - SMIM - Blended Roads Patch" file.

• 2 weeks later...

Would we need any of the patches for Assorted Mesh Fixes if we use both Assorted Mesh Fixes and Mesh Patch for Various Mods?

• Assorted Mesh Fixes - SMIM - Really Blended Roads Patch
  • SMIM - Assorted Mesh Fixes Patch

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, TechAngel85 said:

I would like to vote this one in. I think it's imperative given the mesh replacers we've already approved and given the ones in Testing that will also likely be approved...this mod is essential for compatibility.

How is it essential for compatibility? What are your install recommendations for testing?

We have a lot of mesh mods right now, so sorting out overrides seems tricky. Probably better install them all, too. There are like 10 of them now, excluding those we already had in 1.0.0.

This is what I have for Foundation. Some mesh stuff is also in 06 ModGroup:

image.png

I must assume that these meshes should override all others ... theoretically.

40 minutes ago, z929669 said:

How is it essential for compatibility? What are your install recommendations for testing?

We have a lot of mesh mods right now, so sorting out overrides seems tricky. Probably better install them all, too. There are like 10 of them now, excluding those we already had in 1.0.0.

This is what I have for Foundation. Some mesh stuff is also in 06 ModGroup:

image.png

I must assume that these meshes should override all others ... theoretically.

You have some old stuff in there that's already been dropped...or should be if not. Here's my current based on author recommendations for overwrites combined with my own knowledge (I don't have everything that is in testing yet as I'm trying to sort this all out because there is so much):
Screenshot 2021-12-09 225542.png

For this mod, I'm still figuring out the instructions (working on it now), but it's essential so that the edits from the overwrites are forwarded...so you get got mod's changes. So yes, essential. Even with the current mod list there are patches to install.

Note the mod list is not set to my current order, but should be changed.

This mod is just meshes though, so 'patches' and the terms you are using ('forwarded' rather than 'overridden') make it sound as if a plugin is driving.

I would want all of the mesh mods installed to evaluate ... unless you are just making informed assumptions, which is fine. I would still want to look at the conflicts though.

You will need to post on those you think should be dropped. They are all still in testing and probably need some info. I haven't had time to look through all these meshes yet.

26 minutes ago, Mercury71 said:

On this mods page there is "tips" on load order for some. Could this be any help for you? I dont understand much about meshes, all these different mods make me confused. :o

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/53841

I'll take a look. This mod's page has some guidance too that was helpful and aligned mostly with where I was going myself. The biggest thing is figuring out if the authors used other mods (like SMIM or ELFX) as their base assets for their edits (reading descriptions, searching forums). We have a couple mods not accounted for (MM and CL) so those I'm just letting take priority.

19 minutes ago, z929669 said:

This mod is just meshes though, so 'patches' and the terms you are using ('forwarded' rather than 'overridden') make it sound as if a plugin is driving.

I would want all of the mesh mods installed to evaluate ... unless you are just making informed assumptions, which is fine. I would still want to look at the conflicts though.

You will need to post on those you think should be dropped. They are all still in testing and probably need some info. I haven't had time to look through all these meshes yet.

Correct. It's just meshes. *sigh*... The changes from the meshes from different mods are merged together, thus making a "patch" between to the two because it houses both changes from both mods. (No, it's not a plugin patch, but a patch nonetheless. Going to have to broaden your scope for the term "patch" beyond being "plugins".) This "patch" would overwrite the other two mods, thus providing a mesh that works with the two mods, harmoniously.

As for comparing...well, I'm done telling you that you can't compare all this in the traditional way. So yes, not much though. You're just going to have to do it yourself to see for yourself. I'm sorry if you lack the knowledge to understand what some of these meshes are doing. I've already explained it in the way I know how, elsewhere. No worries, meshes took me a while to understand too and I still have to bug Sparrow about things.

I'm slowing getting through the mods in testing, but it's the bottom two in your list. I'm just going one mod at a time to get the order right.

20 minutes ago, TechAngel85 said:

I'll take a look. This mod's page has some guidance too that was helpful and aligned mostly with where I was going myself. The biggest thing is figuring out if the authors used other mods (like SMIM or ELFX) as their base assets for their edits (reading descriptions, searching forums). We have a couple mods not accounted for (MM and CL) so those I'm just letting take priority.

Correct. It's just meshes. *sigh*... The changes from the meshes from different mods are merged together, thus making a "patch" between to the two because it houses both changes from both mods. (No, it's not a plugin patch, but a patch nonetheless. Going to have to broaden your scope for the term "patch" beyond being "plugins".) This "patch" would overwrite the other two mods, thus providing a mesh that works with the two mods, harmoniously.

As for comparing...well, I'm done telling you that you can't compare all this in the traditional way. So yes, not much though. You're just going to have to do it yourself to see for yourself. I'm sorry if you lack the knowledge to understand what some of these meshes are doing. I've already explained it in the way I know how, elsewhere. No worries, meshes took me a while to understand too and I still have to bug Sparrow about things.

I'm slowing getting through the mods in testing, but it's the bottom two in your list. I'm just going one mod at a time to get the order right.

As mentioned previously, I understand these meshes perfectly and grasp their classification as 'patches'. The term 'forwarded' is a stretch though. It's confusing to some I would think. These are assets that override other assets, and are effectively replacers. If you are saying that these should be used where they conflict, then I will happily take your word for it.

I've been following the order suggested by this mod, and using its relevant 'patches', rather than the list Mercury linked to. The two don't quite agree.

'Landscape and Water Fixes' only conflicts with SMIM and Majestic Mountains, so it doesn't matter much where it is relative to the other mesh fix mods.

'Static Mesh Improvement Mod Improvement Mod' is the oddball out, not being addressed by either recommended orders. It conflicts mainly with 'Unofficial Material Fix', but its MA claims the former can safely overwrite the latter.

Edited by Mousetick

Okay so we have two options with this one:

1. Install into a merged file (files must be installed in a specific order to achieve desired result!)
  2. Install individually (install order doesn't matter as long as load order is correct)

The patches to install are:

• Skyrim Particle Patch for ENB - Assorted Mesh Fixes - Solitude Mesh Fixes Patch
  • Skyrim Particle Patch for ENB - ELFX - Unofficial Material Fix Patch
  • SMIM - Quality Addon - Unofficial Material Fix Patch

The "SMIM - Assorted Mesh Fixes Patch" is not needed. The blacksmith fix is already included in 'Flickering Meshes Fix' and the bridge is included in the "Assorted Mesh Fixes - SMIM - Blended Roads Patch" file.

This is assuming Assorted Fixes will be accepted, which I think it will.

This is my current setup that I compiled several months ago when I started my current test playthrough. I think I had to hide some file at some places too. I remember it required some real thinking to figure out how to resolve all the conflicts, and I think I moved some more mods into Foundation because of it.

image.png

14 minutes ago, DoubleYou said:

This is my current setup that I compiled several months ago when I started my current test playthrough. I think I had to hide some file at some places too. I remember it required some real thinking to figure out how to resolve all the conflicts, and I think I moved some more mods into Foundation because of it.

image.png

This is my current that require no hiding of any files within Foundation so far:
Screenshot 2021-12-10 085804.png

Keep in mind I have everything else disabled in the mod list. I'm going through this one step at a time rather than dealing with 30 mods conflicting at once.