Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I think this mod goes into Extenders, given that it doesn't contribute to content directly. It does fall into Skills & Perks, but not before being caught by Extenders

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, z929669 said:

I think this mod goes into Extenders, given that it doesn't contribute to content directly. It does fall into Skills & Perks, but not before being caught by Extenders

Does our definition of game content exclude Gameplay related content? Because I don't want to say that all gameplay mods are Extenders. And the skill-related changes here are included in content in my understanding of the term. This changes the way skills and levelup is handled, and does not expand functionality so much as change existing functionality, so I disagree that it is an Extender. It might provide all this via an Skyrim Script Extender plugin, but that doesn't make it an Extender.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, DoubleYou said:

Does our definition of game content exclude Gameplay related content? Because I don't want to say that all gameplay mods are Extenders. And the skill-related changes here are included in content in my understanding of the term. This changes the way skills and levelup is handled, and does not expand functionality so much as change existing functionality, so I disagree that it is an Extender. It might provide all this via an Skyrim Script Extender plugin, but that doesn't make it an Extender.

Gameplay content is separate ... I forgot about that. It would be caught by that first. We may need to flesh out the Gameplay exceptions rules ... not sure. I entered int into the first flowchart. Perhaps using the Gameplay flowchart first makes more sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The link to the topic here needs to be fixed.

Also I wonder what is the purpose of using this, since the guide doesn't include a preset mod or contain anything about modifying the default (auto-generated) .ini. As far as I can tell, the default .ini is all Vanilla values.

Edited by alphaniner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, alphaniner said:

The link to the topic here needs to be fixed.

Also I wonder what is the purpose of using this, since the guide doesn't include a preset mod or contain anything about modifying the default (auto-generated) .ini. As far as I can tell, the default .ini is all Vanilla values.

Fixed link.

I don't think the INI matters for our purposes. This mod will still uncap max 100 though, which is why we use it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, z929669 said:

Fixed link.

I don't think the INI matters for our purposes. This mod will still uncap max 100 though, which is why we use it.

Are you talking [N]PC level? Because the .ini is what determines things like skill level caps, and the default .ini contains

[SkillCaps]

#Set the skill level cap.This option determines the upper limit of skill level you can reach.
iOneHanded = 100
iTwoHanded = 100
...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, alphaniner said:

Are you talking [N]PC level? Because the .ini is what determines things like skill level caps, and the default .ini contains


[SkillCaps]

#Set the skill level cap.This option determines the upper limit of skill level you can reach.
iOneHanded = 100
iTwoHanded = 100
...

 

I stand corrected. The mod doesn't come with an INI, it is generated in the SKSE64 plugins folder (if you follow Step guides), otherwise, it goes into Overwrite in MO.

Looks like all skills are capped at 100 and that one would need to modify this INI to go higher for any given skill.

We should probably add config recommendations to the mod page on the wiki ... or at least instruct that this will need to be done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/11/2021 at 7:24 PM, DoubleYou said:

Somehow we were missing the topic for this mod.

It turns out we did have a topic of sorts for this for this mod, but I don't how it ended up in this shape:

We originally had a version of this mod (I think Skyrim -Community- Uncapper) and I think we've always left configuration as user choice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, z929669 said:

Fixed link.

I don't think the INI matters for our purposes. This mod will still uncap max 100 though, which is why we use it.

Not by default. You have to configure it.

Edit: nvm...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just noticed there is a 'fixed' version of this mod uploaded by vadfromnu.  Apparently, the original version has a bug and isn't being maintained anymore.  The 'fixed' version also has a beta version for Anniversary Edition.

Skyrim Skill Uncapper(fixed)

 

Edited by Kattmandu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Kattmandu said:

I just noticed there is a 'fixed' version of this mod uploaded by vadfromnu.  Apparently, the original version has a bug and isn't being maintained anymore.  The 'fixed' version also has a beta version for Anniversary Edition.

Skyrim Skill Uncapper(fixed)

 

Good find. I will create that mod page for some basic testing. Then we will likely switch this out for that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Similar Content

    • By Mousetick
      Discussion topic:
      Labyrinthian Shalidor's Maze Fixes by wSkeever
      Wiki Link
      This fixes a bunch of small layout glitches by repositioning objects and replacing meshes in the Shalidor's Maze area, and it adds sunlight.
      Install: if used with Assorted Mesh Fixes, they should overwrite it. There is an ESL plugin, which must be enabled.
      Conflicts: there is a minor conflict with Atlas Map Markers, which AMM wins using LOOT. It must be patched if sunlight is desired (see below). Otherwise no conflict with the current WIP STEP setup as far as I can tell.
      Before > After of one of the more noticeable fixes:

      Before > After of sunlight and shadows - only works if conflict with AMM is resolved:

      See Nexus page for more comparison screenshots.
    • By Crimson13
      Discussion topic:
      Security Overhaul SKSE - Lock Variations by powerofthree
      Wiki Link
      SKSE file that turns the default lock into different kinds based on what you're opening; Dwemer, Falmer, Snow Elf, Apocrypha, and snowy chests/doors. Looking at it I feel like I might actually manually open locks now instead of using autopick, haha. There's even an addon already which adds even more, including locks from other mods like VIGILANT.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.