CoMAP - Common Marker Addon Project (by Jelidity and Parapets)

DoubleYou

9 hours ago, z929669 said:

What do you guys recommend for installation of this? main File only, with 'standard' FOMOD options? Seems like question marks would be good for those that don't know the game so well.

I think 75% size is sensible. I think the obscure options can be user choice with a suggestion to use either vanilla markers or question marks. I think the optional files can be user choice as well with a suggestion to install the main file only.

This mod updated on Nexus (for those testing it).

Seem to be some good changes for compability.

• Version 3.0.0

• CoMAP can now get its markers from its own resource file, meaning no edits to hudmenu and map are required and no more UI compatibility patches are needed. (Parapets)
    • CoMAP's DLL now has an accompanying ini file for enabling obscured undiscovered markers and map marker size, rather than different versions. (Parapets)
    • All existing configs have been updated to match the new system. If your mod includes a config file for CoMAP, please contact me (Jelidity) for details on how to update it for v3.0.0
    • Added Markers:
      - AkaviriTemple
      - Campfire
      - MageTower
      - DeciduousGrove (for when you don't want pines)
      - DeciduousClearing (for when you don't want pines)
      - RuinedNordicSettlement
      - RuinedBreticSettlement
      - RuinedCyrodillicSettlement
      - Ruined RedguardSettlement
      - LargeCavern
      - Caravan
      - Multiple new markers for Republic of Maslea.
    • Added Configs:
      - Molag Bal's Inferno (submitted by Rafaelkai)
    • Added Optional Files
      - Khajiit Caravan Markers - Places map markers that enable/disable along with the Khajiit caravan camps. Comes in two versions: One where they won't show at all on the map until you discover them and one where caravan camps will be visible even before discovered (fast travel is not enabled until discovered).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/14/2021 at 11:18 AM, Mercury71 said:

There is a .dll hotfix up on the mods page at Nexus for game version 1.6.342

Just wasted 30 minutes troubleshooting why I couldn't start a new game ... this is required to avoid CTD at startup on my rig.

Instructions updated to clarify.

• 9 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

So with the recent update the author omits the 'Author's Cut Options' and with it the need for an esp for the main mod to function. The two remaining add-on options still would each add an esp. Just tested the 'Jorrvaskr Map Marker' option again, which is still recommended in the STEP fomod instructions. This esp just serves as a config example for adding a map marker and in my game adds a second companion's marker to Jorrvaskr (on the stairs in front of the building) in addition to the one added by 'Atlas Map Markers', so one has two map markers of the same kind for the same building.

• Like 1