Radiant - Candles (by TechAngel85)

z929669

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
12 hours ago, LittleGuy said:

I think you should consider redoing the vanilla candle glow texture.
I looked at this mod and thought it was much better than the vanilla glow, but I'm not sure I'm a fan of the lens flare effect.
Vanilla >> Candle Glow - Smaller Flare
enb2022_7_7_23_07_53.thumb.jpg.27fada55daac8a0a3226225d483b4003.jpgenb2022_7_7_23_06_50.thumb.jpg.4586eec9ab54c99a90bd5b06247bbd24.jpg
enb2022_7_7_23_05_25.thumb.jpg.811e4da8232992a2c5cceb7360da97e2.jpgenb2022_7_7_23_06_36.thumb.jpg.9d0fc49e14ac18ba507471a034e90131.jpg

My candles look like those on the right with Radiant - Candles ... using the Step ENB anyway.

2 hours ago, z929669 said:

My candles look like those on the right with Radiant - Candles ... using the Step ENB anyway.

Maybe one of my mods are outdated or improperly installed.
Radiant - Candles doesn't touch candleglow01.dds

2 hours ago, LittleGuy said:

Step doesn't seem to touch this texture, so it's either a mesh issue or particle effects of ENB that we are using. @TechAngel85 would know for sure, since he is the lighting wizard.

9 hours ago, LittleGuy said:

7 hours ago, z929669 said:

Step doesn't seem to touch this texture, so it's either a mesh issue or particle effects of ENB that we are using. @TechAngel85 would know for sure, since he is the lighting wizard.

So this is an effect texture attached to all candle flames. Not the objects, themselves, but the actual fire on the candle (mpscandleflame01.nif and 02). So all candles will have it. In the Step Guide, this texture is provided by vanilla, but the candle flame mesh is provided by Embers XD. The Embers XD mesh still uses the texture, however, does not provide a new one so vanilla is used. However, that doesn't mean Embers XD didn't make other changes that may have changed the way the glow is presented (like making it more transparent).

Long story short, try Embers XD, if you haven't to see if the issue is fixed and make sure it's providing the candle flame meshes (there's two of them). As such, I don't think I would make an edited mesh to include in Radiant, but a texture to tone it down isn't out of the question.