CTD when loading a saved game

Warlocker

Question

Hi guys. Im big trouble here. On my save nr 241 get CTD on my next load if i make another save. The save im on now are totally fine, but if i make another save that one gives me CTD when loading it afterwards. 

Tried this so far:

remove mods one by one

added both "Load Game CTD Fix" mod and "Crash fixes" mod without sucesss. 

used LOOT to sort load order

used TESedit5 to clean masters and dirty plugins

Anyone got any tips for me? 

modlist.txt

5 answers to this question

34 minutes ago, Warlocker said:

Hi guys. Im big trouble here. On my save nr 241 get CTD on my next load if i make another save. The save im on now are totally fine, but if i make another save that one gives me CTD when loading it afterwards. 

Tried this so far:

remove mods one by one

added both "Load Game CTD Fix" mod and "Crash fixes" mod without sucesss. 

used LOOT to sort load order

used TESedit5 to clean masters and dirty plugins

Anyone got any tips for me? 

modlist.txt 3.1 kB · 1 download

Always save indoors as a first measure when trying to fix. Always use uGrids 5 if that has been raised.

What exactly changed between your setup that generated that save and your current setup? Reverting to that previous setup should resolve, and then you can go from there, adding changes piecemeal.

49 minutes ago, Warlocker said:

I am pretty new to modding skyrim btw, so I am not sure what "save indoors" means. Can you point me in a direction? :)
image.thumb.png.367609897f745d882313c447e10e4767.png
Also this error comes up when i try to run ReSaver on the particular file. What I do from the working save to the unworking save is talking to the npc niranye in Windhelm about the thieves guild questline. I am on the quest "Summerset Shadows".

Try loading the last save, and go into a interior cell (indoors) before saving. Do nothing else. Then try to load that save. If it loads fine, talk to the NPC and go indoors again to save. When modding a game, it is important to save your mod-manager profile before changing your setup if you have a save that is important. In MO or Vortex, this is easy. Then you make your changes in the new profile. If there are issues, you can easily go back to your previous profile as a fallback.

There are ways to check and troubleshoot the problematic cell, but that's complicated. That error is essentially meaningless and unhelpful, IMO, since the count is identical. Others may have specific advice for this error. I don't play so much as mod, so saves are not really anything I care much about for my own games.

17 minutes ago, z929669 said:

save indoors

I am pretty new to modding skyrim btw, so I am not sure what "save indoors" means. Can you point me in a direction? :)
image.thumb.png.367609897f745d882313c447e10e4767.png
Also this error comes up when i try to run ReSaver on the particular file. What I do from the working save to the unworking save is talking to the npc niranye in Windhelm about the thieves guild questline. I am on the quest "Summerset Shadows".

1 hour ago, Warlocker said:

That worked! So, do I always have to save indoors from now on you think? But saving indoors, loading that, talking to NPC then going back in to save works. Now I can load the save fine :)

This generally isn't necessary, but it's good practice, especially with a modded setup. Whenever you are in a dungeon or any non-worldspace cell, you are technically 'indoors'. If I really care about a save game, I will typically go into a mundane, small NPC home. Anything is less problematic than outdoors. It is related to scripts, timers, and triggers in effect, and there are always a lot more of those outdoors or in very active cells.