Error loading plugin list: EDirectoryNotFoundException: The specified path was not found

Rooker

Question

I ran DynDOLOD several months ago when I had Skyrim installed on a standalone SSD for games (F:). Everything worked fine the first time I did this. I've now installed a much larger SSD, moved Windows and moved my games to it. So Skyrim is installed to C: now (at C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim). I'm trying to update DynDOLOD because I changed one of the mods DynDOLOD.esp made a master, but texgen and dyndolod both keep trying to read from the old file path for Skyrim and I can't find where it's saving this old information to change or delete it. DynDOLOD_settings.ini doesn't have any file paths listed in it.

It shows me this and stops.

[00:00:00.086]    TexGen based on xEdit x64 (2DFE4407) starting session 2019-01-07 01:03:22
[00:00:00.091]    Using Skyrim Data Path: F:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\
[00:00:00.095]    Using Backup Path: F:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\TES5Edit Backups\
[00:00:00.098]    Using Cache Path: C:\Users\Rooker\Desktop\Skyrim Folder\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\cache\
[00:00:00.101]    Using ini: C:\Users\Rooker\Documents\My Games\Skyrim\Skyrim.ini
[00:00:00.107]    Using save path: C:\Users\Rooker\Documents\My Games\Skyrim\Saves\
[00:00:00.112]    Using plugin list: C:\Users\Rooker\AppData\Local\Skyrim\Plugins.txt
[00:00:00.117]    Using settings file: C:\Users\Rooker\AppData\Local\Skyrim\DynDOLOD_settings.ini
[00:00:00.122]    Loading active plugin list: C:\Users\Rooker\AppData\Local\Skyrim\Plugins.txt
[00:00:00.137]    Fatal: Error loading plugin list: <EDirectoryNotFoundException: The specified path was not found>

• Answers 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

14:46:42.431 <8688:24872> [D] hook_GetFileAttributesW [lpFileName=C:\Users\markc\AppData\Local\Skyrim Special Edition\Plugins.txt] [reroute.fileName()=E:\Profiles\Default\plugins.txt] [res=20] [originalError=0] [fixedError=0]

We can see the redirect is working and there doesn't seem to be an error.

That leaves starting the games launcher once to update path information or xLODGen being blocked access by UAC or antivir etc.

TexGen_TES5_log.txt

[00:00:00.062]    Loading active plugin list: C:\Users\EC2\AppData\Local\Skyrim\Plugins.txt
[00:00:00.062]    Fatal: Error loading plugin list: <EDirectoryNotFoundException: The specified path was not found>

same in DynDOLOD_TES5_log.txt

[00:00:00.063]    Loading active plugin list: C:\Users\EC2\AppData\Local\Skyrim\Plugins.txt
[00:00:00.063]    Fatal: Error loading plugin list: <EDirectoryNotFoundException: The specified path was not found>

I run the standalone 64 bit and that path is for the old Skyrim version (I've installed, too)

By that I get a corrupt  output
while DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt looks fine, all pathes are ...\Skyrim Special Edition\...

The path is correct for Skyrims plugins.txt.

As explained in the manual, by default the tools start in Skyrim (TES5) mode and require -sse command line argument to start in Skyrim Special Edition (SSE) mode.

The error message however is about loading the plugins from the detected data path, which can not be found.

As usual, upload the entire log, do not truncate.

No idea what "corrupt output" is supposed to mean.

On 12/14/2019 at 12:52 AM, sheson said:

The path is correct for Skyrims plugins.txt.

As explained in the manual, by default the tools start in Skyrim (TES5) mode and require -sse command line argument to start in Skyrim Special Edition (SSE) mode.

The error message however is about loading the plugin from the detected data path.

As usual, upload the entire log, do not truncate.

No idea what "corrupt output" is supposed to mean.

I did use -sse, but nevertheless. With "corrupt" I mean this: The generated output caused a black screen of Skyrim SE whiile loading. When I removed the output, all worked, also works my former output made with the standalone 2.65 times ago before the Skyrim SS and  SKSE gat new version But the 2.65 no longer works, so I can't create a new output well. Never had such error messages in logs.

If there are issues with the games default plugins.txt paths there are issues with the games installation or the tools being able to access them, because of OS, UAC, antivir etc. preventing access.

The tools use ..\Skyrim\Plugins.txt if they were started in Skyrim (TES5) mode / by default. The tools will use ..\Skyrim Special Edition\Plugins.txt when started with the -sse command line argument.

The tools then try to find the listed plugins in the data path found inf the Windows Registry.

If there is a problem with the generated LOD mod, make an error report with logs, information about the setup and load order and properly describing the issue.

Basic troubleshooting of output starts with checking the log for errors and warnings. Then testing if disabling the meshes, then disabling the DynDOLOD.esp, then disabling the DynDOLOD.esm makes a difference. The results determine the next steps.

Hello,

I'm running into some errors with XLODGEN (see attached please).
I had to make some changes to my system the other day and may have messed things up, but I can't for the life of me find where to change the spot to update the changed paths.

My game location moved

• from: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition
  • to: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition

I also switched from using Vortex to MO2 for Skyrim, and I'm still using Vortex for FO4.  The path: "C:\Users\markc\AppData\Local\Skyrim Special Edition" seen in the attached file is the old Vortex path for Skyrim. My MO2 "plugin.txt" file is located here: "E:\Profiles\Default"

I have updated all the paths in the "Modify Executable" tool to the changed (new) ones and still no luck.

So ... any suggestions?

SSELODGen_log.txt

It seems you have a problem with a mod manager. I suggest to read its documentation / use its support forums for help.

Loading active plugin list: C:\Users\markc\AppData\Local\Skyrim Special Edition\Plugins.txt
Fatal: Error loading plugin list: <EDirectoryNotFoundException: The specified path was not found>

This type of path is hard coded into the game and every tool.

Add the tool to the MO2 executable drop down. Then start the tool from MO2 executable drop down.
https://github.com/ModOrganizer2/modorganizer/wiki/Executables-window

Remember to also add the game mode and -o output path command line arguments.

When the tool is started from MO2 executable drop down, the virtual file system from MO2 maps the standard file path to the current profile paths so that tools and game continue work.

Other than that, make sure the tool is not being blocked by UAC, antivir, etc.

9 hours ago, sheson said:

It seems you have a problem with a mod manager. I suggest to read its documentation / use its support forums for help.

Loading active plugin list: C:\Users\markc\AppData\Local\Skyrim Special Edition\Plugins.txt
Fatal: Error loading plugin list: <EDirectoryNotFoundException: The specified path was not found>

This type of path is hard coded into the game and every tool.

Add the tool to the MO2 executable drop down. Then start the tool from MO2 executable drop down.
https://github.com/ModOrganizer2/modorganizer/wiki/Executables-window

Remember to also add the game mode and -o output path command line arguments.

When the tool is started from MO2 executable drop down, the virtual file system from MO2 maps the standard file path to the current profile paths so that tools and game continue work.

Other than that, make sure the tool is not being blocked by UAC, antivir, etc.

I haven't changed anything here except for updating the new path when I changed it.  The "-lodgen -sse -o:" are identical from when it worked previously.  Am I missing something else?

image.thumb.png.bab89073b54621997a0fe70f2ef7e2cc.png