Skyrim 10th Anniversary Edition Announced

9 hours ago, Eliian said:

I wonder if wild horses works with Immersive Horses? It seems to be one of the more popular horse overhaul mods. I have not personally used it as I prefer running around.

Same. I never use horses. The others have also voted for CH for the Guides. I try to abstain from those votes because I simply don't care and have no experience with the mods besides patching. I know that CH is not easily supported and Step has never fully supported it via our Patches.

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Sakiri said:

Good, just checking. Not everyone is going to to be, so I figured post it. 

<3

I'm curious as to how it'll affect the guide though because I'd wanted to update. :/ but I can't justify breaking my install. 

Our advice will be to freeze game and SKSE update until we can update SKSE and any related guide/mod changes.

Hopefully we aren't going back to the dark days of Skyrim where it took over a year for modded SE to be a viable replacement to modded LE. Thought we'd be using SkyUI 2.x forever as we waited for SKSE, then SkyUI it to be updated.

Edited by evmiller

4 hours ago, evmiller said:

Hopefully we aren't going back to the dark days of Skyrim where it took over a year for modded SE to be a viable replacement to modded LE. Thought we'd be using SkyUI 2.x forever as we waited for SKSE, then SkyUI it to be updated.

Just backup your executable and it'll be fine. We'll probably have to wait, perhaps a year or two or three before SKSE and .NET Framework and any plug-ins that rely on reverse-engineered code is viable again. I may be being pessimistic on my time frame, but it is going to take a lot of work to get it all worked out. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, tnicko said:

This is probably a dumb question, but I run a smaller modlist and don't use skse at all...do I need to worry about anything?  I was going to back up my exe and stop game updates anyway just to be safe.

This is something I, too, would be interested to know, since I am planning on only using texture mods for my game once Anniversary Edition launches.

Edited by Verrenus

5 hours ago, tnicko said:

This is probably a dumb question, but I run a smaller modlist and don't use skse at all...do I need to worry about anything?  I was going to back up my exe and stop game updates anyway just to be safe.

2 hours ago, Verrenus said:

This is something I, too, would be interested to know, since I am planning on only using texture mods for my game once Anniversary Edition launches.

It'll be most similar to when SE released. Mesh and texture mods should not be affected unless Bethesda does something with new shaders that requires a texture to have something it doesn't; as was the case with landscape mods on SE released. However, I haven't heard any mention of graphics/texture updates for the AE release. From what I've seen, they're mainly just tossing in a bunch of the CC content. It would be nice if they actually went through and fixed some long-standing bugs, but that didn't happen with SE and is not likely to happen with AE.

21 hours ago, TechAngel85 said:

It'll be most similar to when SE released. Mesh and texture mods should not be affected unless Bethesda does something with new shaders that requires a texture to have something it doesn't; as was the case with landscape mods on SE released. However, I haven't heard any mention of graphics/texture updates for the AE release. From what I've seen, they're mainly just tossing in a bunch of the CC content. It would be nice if they actually went through and fixed some long-standing bugs, but that didn't happen with SE and is not likely to happen with AE.

That's exactly what I thought, thank you very much for your answer nonetheless! I guess I might wait for the STEP 2.0.0 guide to launch first though, since I don't do any other gaming these days anyway.

8 hours ago, DoubleYou said:

I love how the Nexus article states "days/weeks" until SKSE and related mods get updated. This seems overly optimistic. "Months" would probably be a more realistic expectation. 

Nexus comments are a fun read. /s

Yea. As stated in the main Reddit-post by one from the SKSE team, it might take a really long time. :(

"Doing this work takes a reasonable amount of time for each plugin. I can probably sit there over a few nights and bang out an updated version of SKSE, but my main concern is for the rest of the plugins out there. The plugin ecosystem has been around long enough that people have moved on, and code is left unmaintained. Effectively everyone who has written a native code plugin will need to do at least some amount of work to support AE. This realistically means that the native code mod scene is going to be broken for an unknown length of time after AE's release."

• 2 weeks later...

I see a discussion on xSEs discord about the formulation in the "Officcial Reddit post" i cite above "... i can probably sit here over a few nights and bang out an updated version... " has been a bit misinterpreded. Many now belive it will just take a few days for a new SKSE64 to be up. Seems that this is not the case since it will be more work and the SKSE-team is not as big as it used to be i belive.

But "ianpatt" at the Discord writes: "If it takes more than a month to get a mostly working version out I will be very, very surprised. That feels safe to say"