v3.0.0 - Feedback & Bug Reports

z929669

3 hours ago, wolfw said:

The loot says that :You seem to be using Dawnguard, but you have not enabled a compatibility patch for this mod. A third party patch is available here: Lanterns of Skyrim - All in One - Dawnguard Patch Do you need it or not?

Shouldn't be needed if you use the patch.

We don't support the LE guide any longer officially, since we no longer have a curator for LE on staff (because none of us is running LE). As you discover workarounds, we will update things though.

3 hours ago, wolfw said:

The Vivid Weathers overwrites the Smooth Sky Mesh , and so the latter is useless. On this page :https://stepmodifications.org/wiki/SkyrimLE:3.0.0

ALL assets overridden?

All instructions written by STEP are double checked and cleaned. According to LOOT, everything is fine. The Vivid Weathers  as described (nexus) does not support any weather mode ,,- Make sure ALL other weathermods and Cloudmods are disabled cus VividWeathers overwrites them all."

The Wrye Bash still not on this page:https://stepmodifications.org/wiki/SkyrimLE:3.0.0 Therefore, I do not know which version and how I should apply this. There is a description in SE but I don't know how to apply to LE.
There are two mods in the LE mod list that require this, but it is not mentioned on the page, as I have already described in previous sections.

On 1/16/2022 at 9:19 AM, wolfw said:

For this mod:  Book Covers Skyrim - Lost Library required the  Wrye Bash . However, it is not on the list. Why?

On 1/16/2022 at 9:35 AM, DoubleYou said:

It's on the list. You must have missed it or are looking at the wrong list. 

WB is not in the SLE guide instructions.

On 1/16/2022 at 10:53 AM, wolfw said:

Fire Halo Remover not found in the wortex

Updated mod page to point to SSE version. It's just a single texture

On 1/16/2022 at 3:50 PM, wolfw said:

Hidden mod Font Overhaul

You will need to find an alternative or skip this one. I don't think the SSE version will work with SLE, but I am not positive. I contacted the author about letting us host it.

4 hours ago, wolfw said:

All instructions written by STEP are double checked and cleaned. According to LOOT, everything is fine. The Vivid Weathers  as described (nexus) does not support any weather mode ,,- Make sure ALL other weathermods and Cloudmods are disabled cus VividWeathers overwrites them all."

Disregard the above comment on the mod, because there is no way that author can know about what every mod does or will do. Use MO Data tab (right pane) and mod information > Conflicts tabs to filter assets and find conflicts. If VW overrides all assets from Smooth Sky Mesh, let us know.

4 hours ago, wolfw said:

The Wrye Bash still not on this page:https://stepmodifications.org/wiki/SkyrimLE:3.0.0 Therefore, I do not know which version and how I should apply this. There is a description in SE but I don't know how to apply to LE.
There are two mods in the LE mod list that require this, but it is not mentioned on the page, as I have already described in previous sections.

I am 99.9% positive that the bashed patch is not needed. Step has it's own patches at the end of the guide. These also patch leveled list items. Forget about WB.

2 hours ago, z929669 said:

WB is not in the SLE guide instructions.

Updated mod page to point to SSE version. It's just a single texture

You will need to find an alternative or skip this one. I don't think the SSE version will work with SLE, but I am not positive. I contacted the author about letting us host it.

Disregard the above comment on the mod, because there is no way that author can know about what every mod does or will do. Use MO Data tab (right pane) and mod information > Conflicts tabs to filter assets and find conflicts. If VW overrides all assets from Smooth Sky Mesh, let us know.

I am 99.9% positive that the bashed patch is not needed. Step has it's own patches at the end of the guide. These also patch leveled list items. Forget about WB.

I thought he said Book Cover Skyrim Lost Library wasn't on the list. 

• 3 months later...

The latest ENBSeries version of v0.472 (specifically the d3d9 file) causes a CTD upon loading a save that is in an exterior cell. Interior cell saves still work fine, but will still crash if exiting to an exterior one.

The previous version (v0.434) still works fine without any issues.

On 4/26/2022 at 10:53 AM, ImirzaBoyar said:

The latest ENBSeries version of v0.472 (specifically the d3d9 file) causes a CTD upon loading a save that is in an exterior cell. Interior cell saves still work fine, but will still crash if exiting to an exterior one.

The previous version (v0.434) still works fine without any issues.

Use WinMerge of the like to compare your enblocal.ini for each. This generally doesn't change between versions, but compare whatever you are using if it does.

Do the same with the [GLOBAL], [EFFECT], and [WEATHER] settings in enbseries.ini if they are different.

Also make sure you don't have any invalid DLL files in your game directory (if you use an ENB manager, be sure it isn't adding anything funky). The DLLs from each version should be used with the INI config files for that version.

EDIT: Also be sure you are using the SLE and not the SSE ENB versions

• 1 month later...

Quick Feedback, as I just went through the whole 3.0.0 installation in the last couple of days: The FOMOD-Installer for "Ruins Clutter Improved" showed quite different options after selecting "custom", when compared to the expected options from the STEP-Guide. For example, there is no "Ruin Pots" and a couple of other things. Really strange as the 2.8 NMM-Mod is from 2014 according to the Nexus Page. Is the "2.8 NMM" correct?