xLODGen terrain LOD generation

moyer137

Made it to step 5, xLODGen, Generation, Terrain LOD Generation. After running xLODGen from MO2 executable drop-down list, I do not have any options to "select all worldspaces" or to tick anything like it is shown in the examples. All I see is this:

image.thumb.png.ae5d890eed7cf641cf8d62d26c827334.png

I think I did the Terrain LOD preparation correctly, but the link to forum download was a bit difficult to follow; couldn't tell for sure if xLODGen beta 83 based on 4.1.3g link at top was indeed what I was supposed to copy into (TEMP) - SSE Terrain - Tamriel - xLODGen mod folder in MO (guide step 1 says to download SSE-Terrain-Tamriel.esm, didn't see that so I went with the mentioned xLODGen beta link at the top).

27 minutes ago, moyer137 said:

Made it to step 5, xLODGen, Generation, Terrain LOD Generation. After running xLODGen from MO2 executable drop-down list, I do not have any options to "select all worldspaces" or to tick anything like it is shown in the examples. All I see is this:

image.thumb.png.ae5d890eed7cf641cf8d62d26c827334.png

I think I did the Terrain LOD preparation correctly, but the link to forum download was a bit difficult to follow; couldn't tell for sure if xLODGen beta 83 based on 4.1.3g link at top was indeed what I was supposed to copy into (TEMP) - SSE Terrain - Tamriel - xLODGen mod folder in MO (guide step 1 says to download SSE-Terrain-Tamriel.esm, didn't see that so I went with the mentioned xLODGen beta link at the top).

You need to read that entire forum post. the file needed is linked further down.

Yes, v83 now ... but it is expected that people read the entire post to figure it out, since there is good info in that.

You select all worldspaces by ticking each box in the dialog (or right click > select all) once the app loads. If it is not coming up, then something is wrong. You may not have followed the System Setup Guide fully or set up the application to run from MO2 properly. All of the instructions are in the guide.

15 minutes ago, moyer137 said:

I'm not sure where I messed up. Anyone have any idea why xLODGen would appear that way? Figure I'll ask one more time before I start this whole process over.

You don't need to start the whole process over but rather go through the System Setup Guide and the 'Tools' chapter of the guide to make sure you have the environment configured correctly and are using the correct software versions.

I don't know, I've tried reconfiguring things but still keep getting the same look that I posted up top when I run xlodgen... Is it supposed to say SSELODGen 4.1.3g EXTREMELY EXPERIMENTAL at the top like that? I feel like I'm not running the whole program.

1 hour ago, moyer137 said:

I don't know, I've tried reconfiguring things but still keep getting the same look that I posted up top when I run xlodgen... Is it supposed to say SSELODGen 4.1.3g EXTREMELY EXPERIMENTAL at the top like that? I feel like I'm not running the whole program.

You are using the correct version of xLODGen.

I recommend searching and then posting on the xLODGen topic for better help, but sheson will want your log files, so please read the OP in full before posting:

Thank you so much z for putting up with my bumbling around. Under MO, configure (the little green and blue gear button), xLODGen, Arguments; I had literally typed in -o as the instructions said instead of -C. Changing it to -C fixed my problem. As you can tell from this whole interaction I am quite illiterate and I apologize to all of you for having to guess what my problems are.

2 hours ago, moyer137 said:

Thank you so much z for putting up with my bumbling around. Under MO, configure (the little green and blue gear button), xLODGen, Arguments; I had literally typed in -o as the instructions said instead of -C. Changing it to -C fixed my problem. As you can tell from this whole interaction I am quite illiterate and I apologize to all of you for having to guess what my problems are.

Thanks for confirming. The '-o' is the "output" switch. As our instructions say:

image.png

• 3 months later...
4 hours ago, Kattmandu said:

When running xLODGen at the end of the STEP guide to create the Occlusion.esp, do I need to re-enable the (TEMP) xLODGen mods or leave them disabled?

The xLODGen support forums are not in support of the Step guides, so I moved this to our guide support area. As stated in the xLODGen Wrap-Up instructions after generating terrain LOD:

5. Disable (TEMP) Terrain - xLODGen and (TEMP) Cathedral Landscapes - xLODGen mods (only needed as xLODGen resources).

So only for terrain gen not occlusion.