The same old story of an CTD draining an amateur player's sanity.

Title pretty much explains it, i've followed STEP as well as i could while installing my mods, its the first time i try it to play Oldrim, but i have years worth of experience modding New Vegas, i've tried most of the solutions i've found online, to no avail, so i come to you guys, help me Modwan-Kenobis, you're my only hope.

Problem:

CTD when trying to load the game, played it without an issue for about 4-6(?) Hours, even managed to make a good part of Rigmor's quest. Once i got to Whiterun, spoke to the Jarl, bla bla bla, left the castle to fight the Dragon, then bam, CTD. Tried starting the game again and loading the save, CTD while loading. Tried starting new saves, CTDs too.

I've read carefully this post, trying to identify my problem, but unfortunally none of the options seem to fit the witchcraft going on in my logs, i did however, tried the usual solutions:

- Checking if my video (NVidia GeForce 940) card and audio (Realtek) drivers needed to but updated.

- Uninstalling mods that could be causing the CTD.

- Getting a bunch of plugins from nexus. Basically every plugin i've seen you guys recommend.

- Having my game and MO outside the x86 folder AND give it admin access.

After more time searching for WTF is wrong with my game than actually playing it, my only possible ideas are that i may have somehow installed FNIS in a really wrong way, multiple times. Or that there's something wrong with my game's permissions. The Author of Crash Log was kind enough to have a look at my log and said that he thinks it has something to do with an line called "atBehaviorPerchAttack@@@@". I now provide to you helpful people an offering of my logs, both from MO2's and Crash Log's expecting that if you choose to help my poor sleep deprived soul, you can somehow read this mess better than i can:

usvfs-2021-07-04_23-50-52.log crash_2021_07_05_05_19_2.log

Edited by Asy

CTD outdoors, indoors, both? Save games all relevant to current load order?

Ar you running ENBoost and custom uGrids > 5?

I would consult @TechAngel85 and @Darklocq, since they are the most recent SLE guide curators and may have some ideas. I haven't run LE for years now, so conveniently forget a lot of the gotchas and workarounds.

1 hour ago, z929669 said:

CTD outdoors, indoors, both?

Both, tried loading a save from the moment i entered the castle as well, its like if the whole game just cracked somehow.

Save games all relevant to current load order?

Pardon if im misunderstanding this, not a native speaker. You're asking for my load order? I can send it too if you want. About the saves, it crashes when i try to start a new game as well, so it leads me to believe that its not a corrupted save.

Ar you running ENBoost and custom uGrids > 5?

I do have ENB installed, but no ENB presets. I can attach my ENB.ini too if it helps, but i've configurated it as the guides i found told me to, and i dont use any presets. No idea what a custom uGrid is, sorry.

I would consult @TechAngel85 and @Darklocq,

Am i like...allowed to PM them or...?

Save game all "relevant to current load order"? = is save game compatible with the load order against which you are running? ... since you CTD on a new game, this says that save-game/load-order incompatibility is not the issue.

ENBoost is the memory manager tweaks for ENB that are pretty much required for Skyrim LE. It allows you to exceed the 3.2-ish GB limit for 32-bit apps (Skyrim LE in this case). If you are not running this as instructed by the SkyrimLE 3.0.0 guide, then this could be the issue.

The best way to resolve your issue is to verify that you have followed the guide completely and correctly. There are many places where you could make a mistake. I would start with ensuring you have ENBoost configured correctly. Then you should check that you have all of the mods required by the Step Patches installed correctly. THEN, you should check that you have followed the System Setup Guide correctly. Once verified, you should try to run a new game to see if you get a CTD again.

The persons I mention will get notifications that they should check that post. This is what @MemberName does.

11 hours ago, DoubleYou said:

Do you have Crash Fixes installed and configured?

Yes, but i double checked just in case, apologies for being dumb right at the start and sending the MO2 log instead of the SKSE log, sending both the SKSE and Cobb's log now. I need to say, im really thankful for the help im getting from you guys.

skse.log CobbBugFixes.log

[THREADS]
DataSyncMode=0
PriorityMode=0
EnableUnsafeFixes=true

I suggest changing EnabledUnsafeFixes=false. Boris notes that it attempts to resolves issues with microstutter, scripts and physics but it can cause other issues. I doubt it's related to your crash, though.

I see you have enabled a proxy library in enblocal.ini. What secondary dll are you using? It is set to the default ProxyLibrary=other_d3d9.dll, whereas most users would rename the value when using it. If you don't think you are using one, you should set the proxy settings to false.

I would recommend changing your memory settings in enblocal.ini according to the guide here: https://stepmodifications.org/wiki/Guide:ENBlocal_INI/Memory#ReservedMemorySizeMb

Specifically, ReservedMemorySizeMb, VideoMemorySizeMb, and AutodetectVideoMemorySize should be changed, as it is possible it is "detecting" the wrong amount of memory and for VideoMemorySizeMb and therefore not applying the memory patch correctly. 

25 minutes ago, DoubleYou said:

I see you have enabled a proxy library in enblocal.ini. What secondary dll are you using? It is set to the default ProxyLibrary=other_d3d9.dll, whereas most users would rename the value when using it. If you don't think you are using one, you should set the proxy settings to false. 

I would recommend changing your memory settings in enblocal.ini according to the guide here: https://stepmodifications.org/wiki/Guide:ENBlocal_INI/Memory#ReservedMemorySizeMb

Specifically, ReservedMemorySizeMb, VideoMemorySizeMb, and AutodetectVideoMemorySize should be changed, as it is possible it is "detecting" the wrong amount of memory and for VideoMemorySizeMb and therefore not applying the memory patch correctly. 

... in which case, you should revisit the ENBoost instructions and ensure that it is configured correctly, as I mentioned previously.

Since you are using Crash Fixes, most people load the d3dx9_42.dll file from the required SKSE Plugin Preloader mod in the Proxy section of enblocal.ini. It is possible you renamed the file, or are using an alternate proxy chain. However, it seems likely that you haven't installed SKSE Plugin Preloader correctly. 

1 hour ago, DoubleYou said:

ReservedMemorySizeMb set to 1024, VideoMemorySizeMb set to 6016, as shown by Boris's test, AutodetectVideoMemorySize set to false.

1 hour ago, Greg said:

I suggest changing EnabledUnsafeFixes=false.

Done

8 minutes ago, DoubleYou said:

However, it seems likely that you haven't installed SKSE Plugin Preloader correctly. 

d3dx9_42.dll is in the TESV.exe folder, not in the Data folder, as it said in the page. I tried setting it in the proxy section, when i did, the game would simply not start. SKSE would load, then close automatically.