Missing Masters error + overwrite mod directory

OQO0

Question

I'm running into an issue with MO2 giving me an error notification saying I'm missing a master that I'm pretty sure I have. I've reinstalled the master twice now, and it hasn't resolved the issue. Also, it seems like there is a folder called SKSE in my overwrite mod directory. Is this related. My game seems to run fine despite this, but I'm concerned it may cause issues down the line. 

3 answers to this question

If you are following the guide for Skyrim Special Edition, you should have a mod toward the bottom of the left pane named SKSE Output. You can open the Overwrite mod and drag the SKSE folder over the top of the SKSE Output mod to move it into the mod. EDIT: This is unrelated to the issue with a missing master.

For the missing master, find the plugin in the right pane that has the exclamation mark in a triangle icon. Hover over this plugin and Mod Organizer and you should see a line like "Missing Masters: Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp" that tells you which plugin is missing. If you have that plugin listed in the right pane, make sure it's checked (enabled).

13 hours ago, Greg said:

If you are following the guide for Skyrim Special Edition, you should have a mod toward the bottom of the left pane named SKSE Output. You can open the Overwrite mod and drag the SKSE folder over the top of the SKSE Output mod to move it into the mod. EDIT: This is unrelated to the issue with a missing master.

For the missing master, find the plugin in the right pane that has the exclamation mark in a triangle icon. Hover over this plugin and Mod Organizer and you should see a line like "Missing Masters: Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp" that tells you which plugin is missing. If you have that plugin listed in the right pane, make sure it's checked (enabled).

Thanks a ton that solved my overwrite issue. 

I can't seem to figure out my missing master issue. The plugin marked for error is asking for "Landscape Fixes for Grass Mods" which isn't a mod I have in my mod list, but when installing "Skyrim Landscape and Water Fixes", the installer gave me the option to select "Landscape Fixes for Grass Mods" , which I did as per the instruction of Skyrim 2021 Modding Guide. Do I need to install "Fixes for Grass Mods" as a separate mod? Or is this just a false red flag