Can't Launch BodySlide with MO

samuelr29

Question

I tried creating a shortcut with MO to launch BodySlide but when I launch it, a process appears, but no window.  I can manually launch it, but if I do that, none of the CBBE assets are detected, naturally.  It would need to be executed with VFS to have access to those, I assume.  When I went to test this in the data tab, it will open when I right click and select "execute" but if I select "execute with VFS" I get only a process and no window.  I've tried re-installing it multiple times, but I still don't know if I missed a crucial step.  I've already installed Nemesis and LOOT and both of those work just fine, it's only BodySlide that is giving me trrouble. Apart from what I have already gleaned, I have no idea what to do next, so suggestions would be appreciated.

3 answers to this question

32 minutes ago, samuelr29 said:

I tried creating a shortcut with MO to launch BodySlide but when I launch it, a process appears, but no window.  I can manually launch it, but if I do that, none of the CBBE assets are detected, naturally.  It would need to be executed with VFS to have access to those, I assume.  When I went to test this in the data tab, it will open when I right click and select "execute" but if I select "execute with VFS" I get only a process and no window.  I've tried re-installing it multiple times, but I still don't know if I missed a crucial step.  I've already installed Nemesis and LOOT and both of those work just fine, it's only BodySlide that is giving me trrouble. Apart from what I have already gleaned, I have no idea what to do next, so suggestions would be appreciated.

You may want to read through the MO Guide Executables chapter. There is instruction specific to Bodyslide in that. I know that it is sometimes important to set the "start in" path. I do not know it there are any 'gotchas' associated with bodyslide though. Nifskope can have issues, since you need to set the resources path in that program in addition to EXE setup in MO. Perhaps Bosyslide requires resource paths to be set as well, IDK (hence the link to MO Guide).

What I'd like to know is if one can invoke a shortcut to the MO VFS to use as a resource path directly ... I always just get around the Nifskope resources issue manually, but it's a PITA.

9 hours ago, z929669 said:

What I'd like to know is if one can invoke a shortcut to the MO VFS to use as a resource path directly ... I always just get around the Nifskope resources issue manually, but it's a PITA.

I always run NifSkope from Mod Organizer and I have the resource path set to the game folder (D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\data), but I'm usually just poking around the mesh to see which textures are used and whether the textures use the default game paths.

9 hours ago, z929669 said:

You may want to read through the MO Guide Executables chapter. There is instruction specific to Bodyslide in that. I know that it is sometimes important to set the "start in" path. I do not know it there are any 'gotchas' associated with bodyslide though. Nifskope can have issues, since you need to set the resources path in that program in addition to EXE setup in MO. Perhaps Bosyslide requires resource paths to be set as well, IDK (hence the link to MO Guide).

While that guide seems a little outdated, it does help me get a little better understanding of how the executables in MO work.  Unfortunately, the guide for BodySlide did not solve my problem.  I checked the FAQ as well, but didn't see anything relevant to this issue.