z929669

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, TechAngel85 said:

The interiors location edits are mainly to rotate and scale vanilla trees. This is most likely to reduce clipping with the new models. I don't think we should be using that optional. Any patching would be super simple.

OK, sounds good. I will remove that instruction

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/10/2021 at 8:29 PM, TechAngel85 said:

Update instructions for latest version, which includes a FOMOD.

Why it is recommended in this mod to install the Autumnal Variety but in the DYNDOLOD 3 mod it is recommended to install the Autumnal instead of the Automnal Variety?

11 minutes ago, Rey_Vegeta said:

Why it is recommended in this mod to install the Autumnal Variety but in the DYNDOLOD 3 mod it is recommended to install the Autumnal instead of the Automnal Variety?

I updated the mod page accordingly. This is user preference, but 'Autumnal' is most vanilla friendly.

Just make sure you are very careful with your selections, as other mods need to have their selections synced up as well. I had blue Aspens there for a minute until I realized that Fixed Mesh Lighting instructions had me on Variety and Aspen's Ablaze instructions on Autumnal.

1 hour ago, DoubleYou said:

Just make sure you are very careful with your selections, as other mods need to have their selections synced up as well. I had blue Aspens there for a minute until I realized that Fixed Mesh Lighting instructions had me on Variety and Aspen's Ablaze instructions on Autumnal.

I will make a note about this on the FML page -- we shouldn't be using that fix. It will break the DynDOLOD for those trees.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, TechAngel85 said:

Updated mod page for latest version

I recommend using v2.32 if you want LOD.

I also think it would be wise to compare 2.33 against 2.32, because my testing with EVT and my own mod have revealed that the FML fix for those trees is not an improvement. Sure, it fixes glowing trees slightly, but you trade off dark branches contrasting with brighter ones in daylight. You can mitigate this a tad with optimized normals, but it's still doesn't compensate as well as the vanilla lighting effect 1 values (or thereabouts). I suspect the FML fix will prove to be a 'good' one though for THIS mod, since this mod's normal faces are mostly pointing our/up I think.

I will test it at some point and provide screens if someone doesn't beat me to it. Won't be for a couple of weeks though.

37 minutes ago, z929669 said:

I recommend using v2.32 if you want LOD.

I also think it would be wise to compare 2.33 against 2.32, because my testing with EVT and my own mod have revealed that the FML fix for those trees is not an improvement. Sure, it fixes glowing trees slightly, but you trade off dark branches contrasting with brighter ones in daylight. You can mitigate this a tad with optimized normals, but it's still doesn't compensate as well as the vanilla lighting effect 1 values (or thereabouts). I suspect the FML fix will prove to be a 'good' one though for THIS mod, since this mod's normal faces are mostly pointing our/up I think.

I will test it at some point and provide screens if someone doesn't beat me to it. Won't be for a couple of weeks though.

V2.32 is down in the archives now so I suspect v2.33 will be the version going forward (v1.03 still remains an optional download). I'm not running the game right now so I haven't regened LODs in a good while.

As for the FML fix, a) we've already decided to not use it, and b) the author removed the patch for Aspen Ablaze stating it was no longer needed since the v2.33 update.

4 minutes ago, TechAngel85 said:

V2.32 is down in the archives now so I suspect v2.33 will be the version going forward (v1.03 still remains an optional download). I'm not running the game right now so I haven't regened LODs in a good while.

Acknowleged. I'm still going to hold off on the updated LOD though, since mindflux may make some tweaks to those meshes based on what he told me a few days ago.

• 2 years later...

A new update has been released, V2.36.

* Fixed leaf/branch normal map (thanks to awesome Fuzzlesz and their equally awesome anonymous friend!).

* Fixed installer "Thickets" and "No Thickets" options so that what is actually installed is not the reverse.

Which option is now advised?

Edited by MightyCrow
Missed update changelog

3 hours ago, MightyCrow said:

A new update has been released, V2.36.

* Fixed leaf/branch normal map (thanks to awesome Fuzzlesz and their equally awesome anonymous friend!).

* Fixed installer "Thickets" and "No Thickets" options so that what is actually installed is not the reverse.

Which option is now advised?

Unless the FOMOD options have changed, use the existing instructions.

Add checking these changes to the to-do list. Very low priority for us relative to just getting the patches updated to the more/less 2.2.0 build (first step).

It doesn't sound like the base tree models have been changed, so existing LOD I made should still work, but I won't know until I do a diff.