SkyUI active HUD effects don't show up

Hi! I followed the STEP guide and everything is absolutely perfect besides one thing. The active effects HUD from SkyUI seems to be not working at all. All the options in MCM which are responsible for this widget (in the SkyUI and iHUD section) are ticked. I've tried to find any other mod with similar widget or any working fix for this issue, but it seems that there are no such things. 

I've thought that the source of the problem could be iHUD mod, but disabling or removing didn't do anything in this matter. Also, I've tried this advice from @ram911 which you can find here: https://www.reddit.com/r/enderal/comments/4xzf6h/skyui_active_effects_hud_not_working/ but it still doesn't do anything. 

Do you have any idea what could be wrong? 

I just double checked that the active effects HUD is working correctly with the STEP guide, although some of the settings may be counter-intuitive and initially confused me as well. I believe this is the default configuration:

Immersive HUD / Activation / Compass Activation /iHUD hotkey: X and Key press toggles: unchecked
Immersive HUD / Activation / SkyUI Active Effects / Active Effects ALWAYS On: unchecked
Immersive HUD / Activation / SkyUI Active Effects / Active Effects on key: checked
Immersive HUD / Activation / SkyUI Active Effects / Active Effects on combat: checked

With this configuration, hold down X to see both the compass and the active effects HUD. I think this may be because Active Effects on key is checked and it may not be obvious this the compass key. The other option is to check Key press toggles and press X once. The compass is always shown (unless you press X to hide the compass) and it looks as if the active effects HUD appears if the compass is visible.

The other option I experimented with:

Immersive HUD / Activation / Compass Activation / Key press toggle: unchecked
Immersive HUD / Activation / SkyUI Active Effects / Active Effects ALWAYS On: checked
Immersive HUD / Activation / SkyUI Active Effects / Active Effects on key: checked
Immersive HUD / Activation / SkyUI Active Effects / Active Effects on combat: checked

Active effects should theoretically always be visible with this configuration, but I had to press X once to quickly display and hide the compass for the active effects HUD to appear, but it remained visible even though the compass is hidden.