1 hour ago, Majorman said:

Yep, I only ever use MO2 and pitty the poor misguided souls that come up with fantastic fairy tales of how NMM is actually better/easier to use. But does MO 2 tell you if the mod gets deleted or you guess based on the "version" column? I presume that you do the latter (deleted quests will appear in red as "outdated) which can be misleading (mod authors don't always care about mod version management or that one mod patch bears the old version numbering, etc). Is there an in-built check function that I don't know about? 

NMM sucks ... Vortex looks to be very good though, and that is the NMM successor I thought (developed by Tannin I think, creator of MO) ... is NMM still available??

Indeed, MO would at least rule out all of the 'green' versions and reduce what you need to check to a subset. It is also convenient to hold Ctrl key and double click on the 'red' mod or right click to "open on Nexus", so there is a quick way to check those. This is what I would do. Even with 300 mods, maybe 100 will be 'red', and it's easy to open the mod quickly via MO to see if the 'oops' Nexus page loads or not. Should take about 20 min at most to do this.

@DoubleYou or @Greg may know about other tools for checking Nexus mod deletions via MO plugin, but configuring that will take as long as doing it 'my' way ;).

I would right-click, All Mods, check all for update, and you should see in the log where mods are not found IIRC

• Like 1

Do what DoubleYou suggests and look at the log in the bottom pane. You'll see something like this for mods that have been deleted from Nexus:

[2021-07-08 23:34:42.435 W] request failed: Error transferring https://api.nexusmods.com/v1/games/skyrimspecialedition/mods/1989/files - server replied: Forbidden
[2021-07-08 23:34:46.025 W] request failed: Error transferring https://api.nexusmods.com/v1/games/skyrimspecialedition/mods/6950/files - server replied: Forbidden
[2021-07-08 23:34:48.106 W] request failed: Error transferring https://api.nexusmods.com/v1/games/skyrimspecialedition/mods/12608/files - server replied: Forbidden
[2021-07-08 23:34:48.598 W] request failed: Error transferring https://api.nexusmods.com/v1/games/skyrimspecialedition/mods/13779/files - server replied: Forbidden
[2021-07-08 23:34:58.028 W] request failed: Error transferring https://api.nexusmods.com/v1/games/skyrimspecialedition/mods/53059/files - server replied: Not Found

Right click anywhere in the bottom pane, select Copy All, and paste it into an editor so you can go through the mods manually to verify these are really deleted. You'll probably want to see the NexusID column in the left pane, but you can paste any of the NexusIDs into the search box to find the deleted mod in Mod Organizer.

@TechAngel85 I just did this with the Skyrim SE guide and discovered these mods are no longer available. :angry:

New Thinner Torch
Better Horse Pain Sounds
Heart of the Beast
HD Dark Brotherhood Door

21 hours ago, DoubleYou said:

I would right-click, All Mods, check all for update, and you should see in the log where mods are not found IIRC

I did what you suggested and it seems all the mods that made it in the guide are still up. Hooray! 

So I hereby announce a major update: I made it to the beta-testing. I installed all the mods I plan to use and wrote down detailed install instructions in the Wiki (what z929669 calls "heavy lifting"). I also have a manual patch that covers all conflicts that MO found and some custom-made INI settings for mods injected via NVSE. I've also updated the Google doc for your reference. I ordered the mods in the test MO profile alphabetically (as this is the default practice in STEP guides) and there's little need for manual intervention (mainly in "Character appearance" and "Models and textures"). So here's a brief recap on where I stand:

• Mod pages and install/setup guide - done
  • Formatting - partial. Not all the article headers use "span". Working on it. 
  • Forum threads - lacking. I found out that I am unable to work on both Wiki pages and forum threads at a reasonable pace. I plan to create 20 threads per workday in the coming weeks in order to catch up.
  • Guide patch - donne. xEdit shows no remaining unresolved conflicts. 
  • Testing - ongoing. So far no CTD on startup and the UI is functioning as expected. Not enough in-game testing though. 
  • MCM screenshots - half of them done (for the mods I've used in the past).
  • Guide page - no work done yet. 

@z929669 I would very much like some guidance on populating the guide page with the mod list and arranging the mod order where appropriate. I think it's time.

Future plans:

• Lore friendly equipment pack (8 additional mods). 
  • A Wiki page dedicated to lStewieAl's tweks. It has hundreds of options, I would like to highlight at least some of them. 

Bottom line: the guide might need testers and a Nexus page for the patch and NVSE settings at some point. I believe STEP has a community account for that purpose? 

18 hours ago, Majorman said:

I did what you suggested and it seems all the mods that made it in the guide are still up. Hooray! 

So I hereby announce a major update: I made it to the beta-testing. I installed all the mods I plan to use and wrote down detailed install instructions in the Wiki (what z929669 calls "heavy lifting"). I also have a manual patch that covers all conflicts that MO found and some custom-made INI settings for mods injected via NVSE. I've also updated the Google doc for your reference. I ordered the mods in the test MO profile alphabetically (as this is the default practice in STEP guides) and there's little need for manual intervention (mainly in "Character appearance" and "Models and textures"). So here's a brief recap on where I stand:

• Mod pages and install/setup guide - done
  • Formatting - partial. Not all the article headers use "span". Working on it. 
  • Forum threads - lacking. I found out that I am unable to work on both Wiki pages and forum threads at a reasonable pace. I plan to create 20 threads per workday in the coming weeks in order to catch up.
  • Guide patch - donne. xEdit shows no remaining unresolved conflicts. 
  • Testing - ongoing. So far no CTD on startup and the UI is functioning as expected. Not enough in-game testing though. 
  • MCM screenshots - half of them done (for the mods I've used in the past).
  • Guide page - no work done yet. 

@z929669 I would very much like some guidance on populating the guide page with the mod list and arranging the mod order where appropriate. I think it's time.

Future plans:

• Lore friendly equipment pack (8 additional mods). 
  • A Wiki page dedicated to lStewieAl's tweks. It has hundreds of options, I would like to highlight at least some of them. 

Bottom line: the guide might need testers and a Nexus page for the patch and NVSE settings at some point. I believe STEP has a community account for that purpose? 

Nice work!

I am out on vacation beginning later today, so I won't have access to the site until week of the 18th. Then I can assist with showing you how to populate the guide page and edit that. Since it's the first FNV guide, there may be some SMW refresh work needed. @TechAngel85 can show you how to populate the ModList, but I do have some instructions for that on the framework guide.

@z929669 have a nice vacation, then. I can probably catch up with the forum threads and game testing in the meantime. 

@Majorman I can help you with getting started with the FNV ModList and Guide pages now

First, go to the ModList for the FNV 1.0.0 guide (I created this previously). It is currently empty, so you need to add the mod pages and order them using the tool. Following is the direct link, but you can always get to ModLists by using the top nav (navigation > step portal > scroll to bottom to find link to all ModLists):

https://stepmodifications.org/wiki/FalloutNV:ModList/1.0.0

Here, you will click on each section tab, click "Add Another" to get a list of all FNV mods for that section, and select the mod(s). Reorder using drad/drop for each section. Save when finished (this can take a couple of minutes as can subsequent loading of this page henceforth, due to all of the template calls created for each mod added, which can be seen using the wiki editor "Edit" item under the ellipse to right of edit asterisk.). Note that 01-Tools will be empty unless you add a mod for that section. We now refer to the System Setup Guide for most tools installation, since these tools usually span multiple games (e.g., MO, BethINI, xEdit, DynDOLOD, etc.)

@z929669 thanks, got it. I'm having the first of what seems like 2 busy weeks at work, but I'll give it a go whenever I find the spare time. I'll keep you posted on my success rate. 

Before I forget: what is the best way of uploading guide-specific patches? In the case of FNV I have created:

• A guide-specific patch;
  • Pre-configured settings for lStewieAl's tweaks (with a short comment on what each one does in the ini itself) ;
  • Two "game tweaks" INIs that modify the carry weight and HP formulas in order to make stats carry more weight than current character level. This is made possible thanks to lStewieAl's and is preferable to using mods with separate plugins. 

I know that the STEP Team has its own Nexus profile that handles guide-specific pages, can it be used for the FNV guide? 

20 minutes ago, Majorman said:

@z929669 thanks, got it. I'm having the first of what seems like 2 busy weeks at work, but I'll give it a go whenever I find the spare time. I'll keep you posted on my success rate. 

Before I forget: what is the best way of uploading guide-specific patches? In the case of FNV I have created:

• A guide-specific patch;
  • Pre-configured settings for lStewieAl's tweaks (with a short comment on what each one does in the ini itself) ;
  • Two "game tweaks" INIs that modify the carry weight and HP formulas in order to make stats carry more weight than current character level. This is made possible thanks to lStewieAl's and is preferable to using mods with separate plugins. 

I know that the STEP Team has its own Nexus profile that handles guide-specific pages, can it be used for the FNV guide? 

No problem ... RL is also important :woot:

For the official guide, we will create a FNV Nexus page and upload to that. As the FNV 'official' curator, you should have access to this 'mod'. We will get that set up as you get closer to finalizing.