@TechAngel85: Yeah, I'm trying to do just that, but sometimes I forget to press the "source" button and the formatting gets off.

Edit: I just edited the Google Doc with the modlist. Several mods have been brought down on Nexus, other were unnecessary replacers (i.e. the texture was already provided by another mod and you don't need 1024 quality for Scrap Elcetronics) and then the male body replacer I thought about using proved to have leftover bugs and was not lorefriendly/had some revealing outfits, so I had to replace it. This is a bit unfortunate, as the replacement comes with an .esp (why do people keep using plugins in body replacer mods) and much more difficult and tiresome installation, but lore-friendliness comes always first.

Status update:

I'll be off for vacation in the coming 10 days and won't have the time to work on the modlist. I will have some days off of work left when I come back; I hope to make a breakthrough then. In the meantime, I am attaching the list of mods I haven't added yet. The full modlist is on the Google doc. I was wondering what are the necessary steps to proceed to batch-creating at least some of the files, as I have 220+ pages to create (of which 90 need some sort of special instructions or "Baseline" to be added).

FNV_Mods.txt

58 minutes ago, Majorman said:

Status update:

I'll be off for vacation in the coming 10 days and won't have the time to work on the modlist. I will have some days off of work left when I come back; I hope to make a breakthrough then. In the meantime, I am attaching the list of mods I haven't added yet. The full modlist is on the Google doc. I was wondering what are the necessary steps to proceed to batch-creating at least some of the files, as I have 220+ pages to create (of which 90 need some sort of special instructions or "Baseline" to be added).

FNV_Mods.txt 15.01 kB · 1 download

Sounds good ... I will work on batch-adding the pages this weekend if you are satisfied with the ModGroups. All is looking good. Have a nice vacation!

@z929669: I am mostly satisfied and I think I hit the mark on the majority of those mods. Still, splitting "Gameplay" mods among the sub-categories is never a simple task. I also had second thoughts about some armour replacers: on the one hand they should go under "Models and textures"; on the other, they should overwrite body models in order to work, so I put them under "Characters". But I guess if I did something wrong, the classification can be changed at a later stage. 

If you have any doubts about it and/or suggestions on classification, do not hesitate to ask. 

3 hours ago, Majorman said:

@z929669: I am mostly satisfied and I think I hit the mark on the majority of those mods. Still, splitting "Gameplay" mods among the sub-categories is never a simple task. I also had second thoughts about some armour replacers: on the one hand they should go under "Models and textures"; on the other, they should overwrite body models in order to work, so I put them under "Characters". But I guess if I did something wrong, the classification can be changed at a later stage. 

If you have any doubts about it and/or suggestions on classification, do not hesitate to ask. 

Let's give @TechAngel85 an opportunity to comment on placement into Models & Textures vs Characters. If they were to go into the former, then relevant assets on Characters mods can be hidden to preserve the desired result.

If you could provide the comprehensive CSV of all mods in a single list, that would be great if the previous version is not comprehensive. That way I won't miss anything.

Thanks for your work on this! We'll be adding guide curators to templates governing this in guide headings and Credits sections for the applicable guides.

I suppose this is up for debate. Armors and clothing have also been put in Models & Textures because that is what they are. The only concern in regards to Character Appearance is that the armors and clothing fit the body meshes (which are separate from armor and clothing meshes, but they still interact at the seams). If there is overlap, either A) the character assets are not vanilla friendly replacers and, thus replaces are required to fit the new bodies, or B) authors are including assets they shouldn't be. There may be other scenarios, but I can't say that I've ever run into any other than those with a Step Guide.

Regardless, armors and clothing could be argued that they are "Character Appearance". Character Appearance refers to mods modify the appearance of characters or add new options for character creation. Really armor and clothes are just accessories, but do they "modify the appearance of characters?"

5 minutes ago, TechAngel85 said:

I suppose this is up for debate. Armors and clothing have also been put in Models & Textures because that is what they are. The only concern in regards to Character Appearance is that the armors and clothing fit the body meshes (which are separate from armor and clothing meshes, but they still interact at the seams). If there is overlap, either A) the character assets are not vanilla friendly replacers and, thus replaces are required to fit the new bodies, or B) authors are including assets they shouldn't be. There may be other scenarios, but I can't say that I've ever run into any other than those with a Step Guide.

Regardless, armors and clothing could be argued that they are "Character Appearance". Character Appearance refers to mods modify the appearance of characters or add new options for character creation. Really armor and clothes are just accessories, but do they "modify the appearance of characters?"

I am fine with going any direction chosen but only request that we set THE standard and stick with it going forward. Perhaps some governing rules to follow to keep consistency: if, then, else > if, then, else > ...

Whatever you guys agree to is fine by me, so let the debate begin.

... there is a strong argument to avoid consistently having to hide Char Appearance assets in these situations. If 1) the armor/clothing mods make changes to vanilla head/body meshes to accommodate, then I think this arguably makes them also "Char Appearance" mods. If 2) they clip the vanilla head/body and require subsequent and separate head/body replacer mods, then they are Models & Textures, IMO.

Not sure what "B) authors are including assets they shouldn't be" means, but it sounds like this may be analogous to my #1 above and seems like a valid way of making their armor/clothing mod work right (so it doubles as a limited body replacer)

12 minutes ago, TechAngel85 said:

Sometime you'll find armor mod with body skeletons, animations, etc. in them. These should be provided by other mods usually found in Character Appearance. The original Mod Picker descriptions are what all our mod groups are based off of: https://gist.github.com/matortheeternal/7f6c799af424176d510cfa0b6b100f9f

Yeah, that's what I mean. Some mod authors will create the body modifications and house them with their clothing mods. I know it's ideal if all mods focus on a single change, but that's always a problem. Overhaul mods are the worst offenders (or authors that package all of their historic mods into one mod, as if everyone agrees with ALL of their changes ... like the USSEP stuff people complain about).

I guess I think that if they modify the body, then it is automatically a Char Appearance mod, because it satisfies that definition as well as Models & Textures. Since Char Appearance is the overriding secion, I think we should always go with classifying into the best fit with respect to conflict res.

As I said: first priority is to satisfy the 'logical' classification requirement. Close second is to satisfy the 'pragmatic' requirement. In these cases, the logical req is satisfied either way, so I think we should classify according to conflict res.

1 hour ago, z929669 said:

If you could provide the comprehensive CSV of all mods in a single list, that would be great if the previous version is not comprehensive. That way I won't miss anything.

The file I attached is comprehensive, i.e. it contains all the mods I haven't created already. If you need those too, I will try to provide in the following days. I will bring a laptop with me, but I will travel abroad and internet connectivity and time to look into this will be an issue (though I will get to it eventually, if really necessary). You can consider the Google Spreadsheet a complete source of data though; the link is on one of the previous pages. I didn't include the mods that I have added to the txt file on purpose, as I see no point in creating pages that already exist.

2 minutes ago, Majorman said:

The file I attached is comprehensive, i.e. it contains all the mods I haven't created already. If you need those too, I will try to provide in the following days. I will bring a laptop with me, but I will travel abroad and internet connectivity and time to look into this will be an issue (though I will get to it eventually, if really necessary). You can consider the Google Spreadsheet a complete source of data though; the link is on one of the previous pages. I didn't include the mods that I have added to the txt file on purpose, as I see no point in creating pages that already exist.

Nope, that's perfect. If you add any of them to the wiki, it doesn't matter though. I just didn't want to miss any.

@Majorman I created all of the mod pages in the list. I had to omit parentheses and apostrophes, since PHP and the wiki don't play nicely with them, so a few of the pages will have slightly different names than in your file. You can see all of the pages created in Recent Changes.(edit)FNV_Mods.txt

Note that you had three mods with source=Other. I did not create these in the batch, because they did not conform to the common pattern. These you will need to create manually:

weijisens HD Fog;https://www.mediafire.com/file/2k33ctx720pc81k/HDFog.7z;weijiesen;05-Animations & Effects;
Super Mutant Mesh Replacer;https://mega.nz/#!9cQXGbQS!GdWRCNZtmEWl_8RSouF70dD8MIQGrWIsFax6mtIRzM0;TheNeglected;08-Character Appearance;
Item Icons Redux;https://www.moddb.com/games/fallout-new-vegas/addons/item-icons-redux;The 3rd Type, DekoMan91, bro_nod, Captain-Ultima, lazyradly, ItsMeJesusHChrist;16-Interface;

Other that that, you should be good.

Unfortunately, we have no such means to create forum topics in batch, so that is unfortunately still a manual process. The guide can still be created without all that, but we will need to get this done over the course of prepping for release.

@Majorman Just FYI:

I created the initial 1.0.0 FNV ModList page and related guide/changelog pages. The latter was created from our latest SkyrimSE WIP, so it has all of the necessary SMW queries and links to the Setup Guide. I added a brief intro, but it is otherwise SSE-centric and will need edits to key words. All main and secondary headings should remain as-is though (feel free to add level 3+ headings anywhere as needed). When you are ready, see if you can discover how to access these pages using the latest reference guide created for this purpose (hint: no need to "propagate" anything, as they are already created for the 1.0.0 DEV version you are working on ... use 'edit' and/or type version # into the Form where applicable).

Also, you should be aware of a very helpful wiki extension, CodeMirror, which really helps when editing wiki markup (only available from the standard wiki page editor rather than the Page Forms editor like used for Mod pages). The wiki editor can also be used on Mod pages as long as you understand how to structure the templates. Only on Page-Form-enabled pages is the Form editor the default when clicking on the 'edit' asterisk. On such pages, access the wiki edit interface using the link under the ellipse:

image.png

CodeMirror can be accessed from the editor and will remain 'on' for all edits until you turn it off:

image.png