Step 3.0.0 Maintenance

z929669

16 minutes ago, Darklocq said:

All noted.

The key question is whether 3.0.0 does in fact work as-is.  I would think that 99.9% of it works, but those two cannot-resolve errors are likely to do SOMETHING at some point. I don't know if it would be a big red missing-mesh icon, just something not visibly appearing, or a CTD, or what.  My thoughts all along have been that the CR patch file could be replaced (with the fixed one I posted a Mega link to), and its Nexus version number incremented as a minor hotfix, without adjusting the STEP version number at all, since nothing substantive changed.  If that's not "how it works", then I would think it's v3.0.1, not 3.1.0, for that lack-of-substantive-change reason.

After this question is sorted, I'll start working first on instructional fixes to the current instructions, without changes in mod recommendations; then improved-version mod recommendations; only after that any more substantive change proposals].  Also with an eye to reducing the dependency complexity of the CR Patch (which also has a big impact on what people can merge to save mod slots; e.g., I see that one dependency of it right now is a mod and another is a patch for that mod, so it's kind of a double-whammy).

I'm also in process of building my own game out (I'm now at the merging like mad stage, since my STEP build works, after adding Falskaar, Wyrmstooth, and a bunch of other goodies.  I have yet to add in most of my gear, follower, and quest mods.  And I'll want to actually play it a bit. Almost forgot that's why I was doing this build. Ha ha.

If the Nexus CR Patch download won't be replaced until there's a bigger change, then I'll start on the fixing-the-current-instructions material sooner than later.

I defer to @TechAngel85 on patch edits and related, but you can work on both at the same time in theory.