Loading issues with Windmill Sails

Lili_Cakez

Question

Hello everyone,

I am having an issue where DynDOLOD doesn't appear to be loading Windmill sails from Skyfalls/SkyMills correctly. They are sometimes disappearing for me as I get close, and then never re appear. For example, approaching Whiterun from the south, the mills are visible, but as I get close they disappear, instead of loading the non distant model. The windmill sails don't reappear if I move around more, or wait. I installed Skyfalls/ SkyMills first, then SMIM and the compatibility patch, then DynDOLOD. I am also not seeing any errors from DynDOLOD or papyrus. Please help! I have no idea what I am doing wrong in my install.

3 answers to this question

26 minutes ago, Lili_Cakez said:

Hello everyone,

I am having an issue where DynDOLOD doesn't appear to be loading Windmill sails from Skyfalls/SkyMills correctly. They are sometimes disappearing for me as I get close, and then never re appear. For example, approaching Whiterun from the south, the mills are visible, but as I get close they disappear, instead of loading the non distant model. The windmill sails don't reappear if I move around more, or wait. I installed Skyfalls/ SkyMills first, then SMIM and the compatibility patch, then DynDOLOD. I am also not seeing any errors from DynDOLOD or papyrus. Please help! I have no idea what I am doing wrong in my install.

There are some explicit instructions and commentary on Skyfalls and Skymills in the DynbDOLOD doc. I suggest you look at the doc and search for that commentary. The short version is that you don't need this mod to get the effects of 'working' windmills.

The windmill fans are use the same reference and model regardless of the distance.

From ..DynDOLOD\Docs\DynDOLOD_Manual.html:
"There is no need to keep SkyFalls and SkyMills because DynDOLOD adds dynamic object LOD for waterfalls, windmill fans and water wheels."

FAQ: Game: Out of place objects / floating objects / flickering full models

A: If LOD was generated for a different load order generate LOD for the current load order.

A: Test with new game, wait in the exterior for the DynDOLOD initialized message before moving. If problem goes away, the updating of an existing save game with old DynDOLOD.esp went wrong. Follow instructions how to update save game with a new DynDOLOD.esp. RTFM, watch the video or check DynDOLOD SkyUI MCM. The clean save routine can also be redone with the same plugin to reset everything. 

A: If the load order had script lag and deactivating/activating from the DynDOLOD SkyUI MCM main page does not reset out of place objects, do the clean save routine where "old" and "new" plugin are the same. Consider generating less demanding dynamic LOD, see 'Performance' section in ..DynDOLOD\Docs\DynDOLOD_Manual.html 

19 hours ago, sheson said:

The windmill fans are use the same reference and model regardless of the distance.

From ..DynDOLOD\Docs\DynDOLOD_Manual.html:
"There is no need to keep SkyFalls and SkyMills because DynDOLOD adds dynamic object LOD for waterfalls, windmill fans and water wheels."

FAQ: Game: Out of place objects / floating objects / flickering full models

A: If LOD was generated for a different load order generate LOD for the current load order.

A: Test with new game, wait in the exterior for the DynDOLOD initialized message before moving. If problem goes away, the updating of an existing save game with old DynDOLOD.esp went wrong. Follow instructions how to update save game with a new DynDOLOD.esp. RTFM, watch the video or check DynDOLOD SkyUI MCM. The clean save routine can also be redone with the same plugin to reset everything. 

A: If the load order had script lag and deactivating/activating from the DynDOLOD SkyUI MCM main page does not reset out of place objects, do the clean save routine where "old" and "new" plugin are the same. Consider generating less demanding dynamic LOD, see 'Performance' section in ..DynDOLOD\Docs\DynDOLOD_Manual.html 

Oooh okay so there isn't any need for the mod at all if I am using DynDOLOD? That wasn't made fully clear in the YouTube tutorial. I honestly only have it for the waterfalls, but if there's not going to be any visual difference without it, Ill just remove the mod entirely and re generate LOD. I'm just trying to make sure there isn't some mesh conflict that might give me CTDs later on, which has happened to me before. Thank you both so much for your quick replies!! <3