Save MCM settings?

Whitestar127

Question

Hi, I have two questions:

1. Is it possible to save MCM settings somehow? I'm doing a lot of testing now before committing to a save, and it's a chore to have to manually set those settings every time I start a new game. Some mods, like A matter of time, allows saving. But that doesn't appear to be the case for the majority of MCM mods.

2. Is it possible to have Dof only for under water? I don't like the effect of it on land, but I also don't like being able to see for miles underwater. Would Dynavision help with this? (I'm using ENB).

EDIT: Is the answer for 1 simply the .skse file in the saves folder?

Edited by Whitestar127

5 answers to this question

You can save the MCM settings for mods that support FISS and you'll see an option in the MCM to save or load the settings for these mods. For all of the other mods, you'll have to manually configure the settings every time you start a new game.

If you are feeling very experimental, you might try Yeolde - MCM Settings that may be able to backup and restore MCM settings for some mods that do not support FISS. Keep in mind that this mod has not been updated in about two years and the mod author notes it may not work for all MCM mods. It's known not to work with Kryptopyr's mods (CACO and CCOR), but these support FISS for saving/loading settings.

12 hours ago, Greg said:

but these support FISS for saving/loading settings.

Sorry, I couldn't quite grasp what you meant here. Do you mean that CACO and CCOR support FISS? I installed FISS to test but still could not save MCM settings for CACO or CCOR. I'm probably missing something or doing something wrong.

7 hours ago, z929669 said:

I don't think #2 is possible, but I haven't researched.

I just found this: https://steamcommunity.com/app/489830/discussions/0/1813170373212823221/. I'll give it a go and report back. Maybe it's possible to lower the DoF effect to the point that it's barely visible and won't bother me. :)

Edited by Whitestar127

35 minutes ago, Whitestar127 said:

Sorry, I couldn't quite grasp what you meant here. Do you mean that CACO and CCOR support FISS? I installed FISS to test but still could not save MCM settings for CACO or CCOR. I'm probably missing something or doing something wrong.

No, this is my mistake. For some eason I was thinking Kryptopyr had added FISS support but this is incorrect.

4 minutes ago, Greg said:

No, this is my mistake. For some eason I was thinking Kryptopyr had added FISS support but this is incorrect.

Ok, thanks for helping anyway. I suppose worst case I'll have to create an Autohotkey or VoiceAttack key-send script. :D