About view distance

Whitestar127

After fresh install of guide 1.0.0.

When climbing down the hill from Riverwood and just going towards that "opening scene" with the giant being killed by members of the Companions; I can see some guards along the road from a long distance away. Also, I see a silhouette of one of the companions I think. But it's not unti I get closer that the rest of the companions suddenly pop into view. And then the giant appears when I'm even closer.

And outside Whiterun when looking at the giant's campfire I see nothing but the campfire from a distance. It's not until I get up on a hill with two small bushes nearby (fairly close to the campfire) that suddenly both the giant AND the mammoths suddenly appear out of thin air. It's a bit jarring.

Is there any way to adjust these distances (I already set Actors to max using BethINI) or are they "locked" by ugridstoload or something?

Edited by Whitestar127

Ah ok, so this is the only issue left unsolved for a "complete" view distance then. Too bad!

I guess I just didn't notice it during my last playthroughs because I had ugrids at 7 back then. But modifying ugrids brings with it several other potential and actual issues of course.