DynDOLOD not starting at all

Sayoregg

Question

I am using MO2. I installed DynDOLOD in a separate directory than my game and not in program files or anything. In MO2 I added -sse to the arguments for both programs (I'm using the x64 versions of them if that's relevant). Without the arguments the programs give a totally different error so I'm guessing that it isn't the issue. When I do try to run the programs (Both DynDOLOD and texgen), I'm getting this error log. Gonna use TexGen's as an example.
               [00:00:00.063]    TexGen based on xEdit x64 (DAB7081D) starting session 2021-04-15 10:01:59
               [00:00:00.073]    Game Mode: SSE
               [00:00:00.078]    Game Name: Skyrim Special Edition
               [00:00:00.084]    Using Skyrim Special Edition Data Path: C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\
               [00:00:00.089]    Using Backup Path: C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\SSEEdit Backups\
               [00:00:00.095]    Using Scripts Path: D:\Programs (D)\DyndoLOD\Edit Scripts\
               [00:00:00.101]    Using Cache Path: D:\Programs (D)\DyndoLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\cache\
               [00:00:00.107]    Using Temp Path: C:\Users\Sayor\AppData\Local\Temp\SSEEdit\
               [00:00:00.114]    Using ini: C:\Users\Sayor\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\Skyrim.ini
               [00:00:00.124]    Using save path: C:\Users\Sayor\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\Saves\
               [00:00:00.132]    Using plugin list: C:\Users\Sayor\AppData\Local\Skyrim Special Edition\Plugins.txt
               [00:00:00.140]    Using settings file: C:\Users\Sayor\AppData\Local\Skyrim Special Edition\DynDOLOD_settings.ini
               [00:00:00.157]    Using language: English
               [00:00:00.167]    Using general string encoding: 1252  (ANSI - Latin I)
               [00:00:00.176]    Using translatable string encoding: 1252  (ANSI - Latin I)
               [00:00:00.192]    Using VMAD string encoding: 65001 (UTF-8)
               [00:00:00.202]    Loading active plugin list: C:\Users\Sayor\AppData\Local\Skyrim Special Edition\Plugins.txt
               [00:00:00.218]    Fatal: Error loading plugin list: <EDirectoryNotFoundException: The specified path was not found>

I have checked the path it is trying to load "Plugins.txt" from and there wasn't any file called like that there, only a "DynDOLOD_settings.ini". I asked one guy in a discord server for help because I knew he used DynDOLOD. His Plugins.txt file is completely empty, and DynDOLOD worked for him, so I created an empty Plugins.txt file there, yet the programs still give the same error.

On 4/16/2021 at 12:25 AM, Greg said:

I moved this to Mod Organizer 2 Support since it is not a DynDOLOD issue.

A few things to check:

• Verify you've installed Mod Organizer in its own folder away from UAC controlled folders (C:\Program Files and C:\Program Files (x86) and that is not installed in anywhere in the Steam, SteamLibrary or Skyrim Special Edition folders. The virtual file system does not work correctly and may be blocked by Windows if it's installed in these folders. I suggest installing Mod Organizer in a folder like D:\Mod Organizer or D:\Tools\Mod Organizer.
  • If the above does not solve the issue, open File Explorer and browse to the Mod Organizer folder. Right click on ModOrganizer.exe and click Properties. If you see an Unblock button or a checkbox with "Unblock", click it and click OK. If you see the Unblock button or checkbox, you should repeat this for every *.exe and *.dll file in the Mod Organizer folder and subfolders. Unfortunately, Windows 10 can be a royal pain about blocking the virtual file system if these files are blocked.
  • If you are still having issues, open Windows Defender (or whatever antivirus software you are using) and add a rule to exclude ModOrganizer.exe and the entire Mod Organizer folder.

I did try to launch the programs through MO2 but they do not work manually either. They do not work at all, even if I launch them directly through their .exe. (Shortcuts with an -sse argument in the case of the DynDOLOD programs).

I disabled UAC in it's entirety: The programs didn't work, neither manually nor through Mod Organizer. I added all of them as exceptions in Windows Defended: again, neither worked. Each time I made sure to launch them as Administrator, and I always launch MO2 as administator as well.

All of the programs are in my D: drive, in non special folders.

At this point it seems like the issue is shared between DynDOLOD and SSEedit, so I'll ask on their forums/ nexus and if the issue is resolved I'll post here as well. 

This all looks like a general configuration problem. I would suggest uninstalling MO completely and getting rid of any leftovers. You may want to validate your game files via Steam and a number of other things. Leave DynDOLOD, SSEEdit, etc. alone for now. They are probably fine, since they are just extracted into directories.

Then use our System Setup Guide to reinstall and configure everything. Your problems will almost certainly go away. It's probably not worth troubleshooting at this point.