Discussion topic for whether or not Smash should be incorporated into the STEP Guide.
Mator Smash by matortheeternal
Old WIP Thread (To read past discussion)
I'm creating this because Smash has just been officially released (it's now out of Beta). I think using Mator Smash with STEP v3 should be seriously considered.
Reasons to consider using Mator Smash in the STEP guide:
- It enables users who use the STEP Guide to create their own conflict resolution patches if/when they deviate from the STEP guide.
- STEP patches can still be distributed as part of the STEP guide. A separate guide could walk users through how to create them themselves using Mator Smash + xEdit.
- Mator Smash is already widely adopted by power users in the community. With the official release and the addition of the quick patch button it's likely to be adopted by other users as well. The tooling promoted by the STEP guide needs to stay relevant for more experienced users in the community to take the guide seriously.
- I am committed to resolving all lingering issues with Smash to make how it resolves conflicts more robust and correct.
- Mator Smash provides the best conflict resolution solution available for TES/FO games. Teaching users to use it will have a large positive impact on their modding experience.
FO3LODGEN allows generation of object LOD for the Worldspaces in Fallout 3 using objects that are "visible from distant" from the current load order. There are already equivalent mods for TES5 (Skyrim), TES4 (Oblivion), and Fallout NV (not yet available). Details of how to use the Fallout 3 version are available on the Nexus page.
This will be added to the Clear and Present Danger Fallout 3 guide once it has tested with the mods in the guide so that instructions and recommendations specific to this guide can be added.
Hey guys, Just wondering how to setup MO2 to run with the tweaks made in FO4CT. I'll try and explain my problem best as possible.
Starting FO4 through configuration tool alone (Fallout4configtool) works fine, but then i don't have the mods from MO2, trying to start FO4CT through MO2 crashes. Running F4SE through MO2 starts games with mods but no config edits. if anyone has any ideas on how to get this to work would be much appreciated
*FO4CT (Fallout 4 configuration tool)
Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.