SE Guide 1.0.0 with DynDOLOD 3.00

z929669

9 hours ago, RogueRim said:

Hey guys, 

I've been trying to generate grass in my lods and failing for a few days now. I was wondering if you, z929669 or Mercury71, would be willing to help me troubleshoot?

I've been following the original posts step by step as best as I can. I'm kind of at a loss. I changed the two values in the dyndolod ini, and the 1 value in the grasscontrol ini. The texgen previewer is showing me grasses. First I successfully cache the grass in MO2 and send it a new mod. Then I run texgen, followed by dyndolod following z929669's settings, except I hit generate Object & tree, instead of just object as I don't have other tree lods. I put dyndolod .esm at top and .esp at bottom. 

If the details I've given here are insufficient, my discord is Travis#6644 if either of you gents could spare a few minutes. I can of course reply here as well. I would really appreciate any help at all at this point. Thanks!

Please explain this

Please capture screens of your exact TexGen and DynDOLOD settings and all changes made to DynDOLOD_SSE.ini and GrassControl.config.txt (drag images/files into post).

There are several values that need to be changed in the latter, so read the OPs carefully again and also carefully read the instructions on No Grass In Objects mod page on Nexus.

Finally, please post any relevant messages in DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt and files it calls.

It should take you 1-2 hr to precache grass successfully, and grass could be under SKSE64 mod if you use MO (or possibly overwrite).

@z929669 Thank you for the quick reply!

I've done my best to capture photos of all of the things you asked for. Grass caching does take me roughly 2 hours. It gave me a completed successfully message when complete. Instead of taking photos of the dyndolod log I've just attached it here as it's very long. Expires in 1 week: https://we.tl/t-7bUVlkJ6xD

GrassCache INI: fcPwSbO.jpg

Dyndo INI: 1DMseDK.jpg

TexGen Settings: l4Wubot.jpg

Dyndo Settings: 5wx2Boj.jpg

How I create new mod in MO2 from overwrite folder: HhjRvlR.jpg

Some of my Grass CGID folder: jnkdtqk.jpg

If there is something else I should include, I'm definitely willing to! I've tried this process about 4 times now. I'm very confident that the grass is generated properly. I have indeed read the instructions on the NGIO page many times over. Thanks again for responding! 

17 minutes ago, RogueRim said:

@z929669 Thank you for the quick reply!

I've done my best to capture photos of all of the things you asked for. Grass caching does take me roughly 2 hours. It gave me a completed successfully message when complete. Instead of taking photos of the dyndolod log I've just attached it here as it's very long. Expires in 1 week: https://we.tl/t-7bUVlkJ6xD

If there is something else I should include, I'm definitely willing to! I've tried this process about 4 times now. I'm very confident that the grass is generated properly. I have indeed read the instructions on the NGIO page many times over. Thanks again for responding! 

Still looking, but I can't see your log at that URL. Just zip/archive your DDL log and any log it references to check at the end of that file and drag to a post. I assume the Tamriel log, but who knows. Need to know what error you are getting at fail.

I posted this as well in the main thread: 

Check in MO2 right data tab there are ..\Grass\Tamriel*.cgid files - CHECK

Make sure TexGen is generating billboards for grasses by checking its log ..\DynDOLOD\Logs\TexGen_SSE_log.txt - CHECK
"Creating billboard C:\Modding\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\textures\terrain\lodgen\tamrielicgrass.esp\tg_fall_grass03_0000085a with Meshes\landscape\grass\tg_fall_grass03.nif TamrielicGrass.esp tg_fall_grass03 [GRAS:FE02385A]"

Check the grass billboards in the TexGen output  show something and are no fully transparent - CHECK

Check the DynDOLOD debug log ..\DynDOLOD\Logs\DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log.txt contains <Notice: [Tamriel] Gathering grass data for object LOD> It does NOT contain this line.

Check the DynDOLOD log ..\DynDOLOD\Logs\DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt that there we no errors in the LODGen log or check the LODGen log ..\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_Tamriel_log.txt directly that its last line is Code: 0 - CHECK

Check the object LOD atlas ..\DynDOLOD_Output\Textures\DynDOLOD\LOD\DynDOLOD_Tamriel.dds contains some of the grass billboards generated by TexGen It does NOT contain any grass.

Check the export file ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Export\LODGen_SSE_Export_Tamriel.txt has GrassMap=..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Export\LODGen_SSE_Grass_Map_Tamriel.txt - CHECK

Check that ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Export\LODGen_SSE_Grass_Map_Tamriel.txt contains a few lines with grass billboard texture names and paths in it - CHECK

Open ..\DynDOLOD_Output\Meshes\Terrain\Tamriel\Objects\Tamriel.4.0.0.bto and check visually if there is grass LOD in there. The many tiny X will be obvious. To be honest, I have no idea how to open a bto file. I ended up downloading a program called DAZ stuido based on a google search, but that's not working.

DynDOLOD_SSE_Log.txt has multiple runs, and the most recent run failed basically just after starting the DynDOLOD program (presumably via MO). So there is no indication of the error. You will need to check your Win event logs at the time to see what caused the issue. Also need to know if it is reproducible. If this only happened once and you can't get it to happen again, then it's a fluke. Restart Windows and try again.

You also need to look at the mod page for No Grass In Objects. You need to set cache booleans correctly.

and from the DynDOLOD 3.00 OP2:

Set GrassLargeReference to 0 in ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE.ini so grass LOD starts right beyond the active cells (uGridsToLoad, default = 5). Use this with DynDOLODGrassMode = 1 in ..\NetScriptFramework\Plugins\GrassControl.config.txt.

Set GrassLargeReference to 1 in ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE.ini so grass LOD starts right beyond the large reference distance (uLargeRefLODGridSize, typically between 5 = off and 11). Use this with DynDOLODGrassMode = 2 in ..\NetScriptFramework\Plugins\GrassControl.config.txt.

Second option looks best.

For TexGen:

image.png

DynDOLOD:

image.png

Lastly, please do not post same question in multiple forums if you don't get your answers fast enough. It creates extra and needless work for those trying to assist.

@z929669 Apologies for starting in two places! I posted over there because it occurred to me it might be more appropriate after posting here. I had no idea you guys would be so responsive. 

"DynDOLOD_SSE_Log.txt has multiple runs, and the most recent run failed basically just after starting the DynDOLOD program (presumably via MO)." Yes I think you're referring to the run that I did just to get the screenshots this morning of my settings. 

53 minutes ago, z929669 said:

You also need to look at the mod page for No Grass In Objects. You need to set cache booleans correctly.

Have I not done so? From the mod page:
UseGrassCache = True
ExtendGrassDistance = True
OnlyLoadFromCache = True

jzw1gcA.jpg

2zrvqYv.jpg

Again, apologize for starting the question in two places. I'll only post in that thread from here forward. 

ok, good ... but set these like so.

Set GrassLargeReference to 1 in ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE.ini so grass LOD starts right beyond the large reference distance (uLargeRefLODGridSize, typically between 5 = off and 11). Use this with DynDOLODGrassMode = 2 in ..\NetScriptFramework\Plugins\GrassControl.config.txt

Run TexGen and DynDOLOD again after with the settings I posted. Reboot PC first. Sort with LOOT first.

Also, delete all logs before running again so that you get clean logs after.

Also, Cathedral landscapes has INI setting for Grass that override BethINI, so be sure that those are aligned how you want.