Spell Perk Item Distributor xEdit Scripts by konkeranto

z929669

• 1 month later...

I don't do magic much in Skyrim aside for 'tools' like healing, enemy detection, telekinesis, etc. That said, I have had no issues with this mod in my general testing. Given the description, I think it's a good fit for Step in that it incorporates some vanilla-friendly fixes and essentially enhances immersion/realism. I will place this same note on the new magi-related mods we are testing for Step.

• 2 weeks later...

This is essentially a resource for mod author, allowing them to more easily use SPID. There is another mod in testing that has a preset already done for Vokrii.

EDIT:
Correction, it has a preset for Odin, not Vokrii. We could use this to make our own for Vokrii or there might be one available elsewhere. In either case, this isn't a mod for users. It would be something we could use to make our own presets for the Guide.

1 hour ago, TechAngel85 said:

This is essentially a resource for mod author, allowing them to more easily use SPID. There is another mod in testing that has a preset already done for Vokrii.

EDIT:
Correction, it has a preset for Odin, not Vokrii. We could use this to make our own for Vokrii or there might be one available elsewhere. In either case, this isn't a mod for users. It would be something we could use to make our own presets for the Guide.

OK, sounds like you and Greg will have ideas on that config. I am magic-ignorant with Skyrim. Never used it much at all. Probably because it was so lame

On 5/13/2021 at 6:37 PM, TechAngel85 said:

EDIT:

I found these two on Nexus that we may consider using or adapting instead of creating SPID configurations from scratch.

ODIN Spells for NPCS by oyvveg

Vokrii Perks for NPCs by oyvveg

EDIT: The primary difference is that Enemy (R)Evolution of Skyrim distributes six spells plus shouts and potions wheres ODIN Spells for NPCs distributes a lot of spells so the two are not necessarily mutually exclusive.

57 minutes ago, Greg said:

I found these two on Nexus that we may consider using or adapting instead of creating SPID configurations from scratch.

ODIN Spells for NPCS by oyvveg

Vokrii Perks for NPCs by oyvveg

EDIT: The primary difference is that Enemy (R)Evolution of Skyrim distributes six spells plus shouts and potions wheres ODIN Spells for NPCs distributes a lot of spells so the two are not necessarily mutually exclusive.

Enemy (R)Evolution does a lot more too: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/37228?tab=articles

So we could use the one you linked for ODIN and Vokrii while keeping some of the changes that come from Enemy (R)Evolution.

EDIT:
Upon close inspection, I would say the one for ODIN would be okay as NPCs will only get the spell if they have the skills to cast it (according to description). FIZZLE will also help in this department so NPCs don't end up with OP spells. However, I can't say the same for the Vokrii patch. It seems it just randomly assigns perks based on a % chance (according to description). Perks are a personal thing and I would rather see a more thought out approach to applying perks on a per NPC bases, rather than a blanket one based on chance. I, mean, you don't need a mage with heavy armor perks running around.

Upon closer inspection of the files, Vokrii patch is skill-based too. They have to have the skill level in that skill to have the "chance" to get the perk. It's not as detailed as a personal patch would be, but it will work just as well as the Odin patch as a blanket approach. I have no issues using these for now. I think I would eventually want to create a more customized approach with the perks, though.

I definitely did not phrase that succinctly. I meant the difference in item distribution configuration files. I think Vokrii Perks for NPCs also distributes perks to NPCs if they have the requisite skill with a random chance (30%, 50% or 70% chance). Here are a few samples:

;Ritualist
Perk = 0x00321436 - Vokrii - Minimalistic Perks of Skyrim.esp | ActorTypeNpc , ActorTypeUndead | NONE | 12(100) | NONE | NONE | 30

;Pinning Shot
Perk = 0x002EE993 - Vokrii - Minimalistic Perks of Skyrim.esp | ActorTypeNpc , ActorTypeUndead | NONE | 2(100) | NONE | NONE | 30

These two are distributed only if the NPC has an Archery or Alteration skill of 100.