30 minutes ago, Dovahkiin3264 said:

SSEdit can't even find "icefrozen03_n.dds" What am I suppose to do? It's not in the Texgen output. And with the extracting part, all there is when I right clikc the dds is; Save, Save as,Copy all to and copy to clipboard. 

TexGen wants to copy textures\dungeons\caves\cavebasewall05_n.dds to a new icefrozen03_n.dds in order to create it.

The message "The system cannot find the path specified."  typically means the OS or antivir or whatever prevents the creation of the destination path / file, e.g. icefrozen03_n.dds  in this case.

From CanNotCopy.html:
"For example, use the xEdit Asset Browser to filter for the source file and use right click save as to write the file. The fist mentioned container is the one with the highest priority."

The source obviously is "textures\dungeons\caves\cavebasewall05_n.dds"

Right clicking and saving as is synonymous with extracting the file (e.g. from BSA).

Hey sheson! Thanks for all the latest improvements to DynDOLOD 3.0. The renderer for custom object and tree LOD textures is really something else, perfect match now! Having trees with normal maps in object LOD helps a lot too, once they are matched in terms of brightness of the diffuse, they blend well in every situation! Good stuff!

I still have issues with blending the damn glaciers, even with custom made LOD textures to match, their horrible UVs make it hard to make them look good. For mountains/unique, I used a suggestion of yours from a while ago, creating a ruleset that pushes certain LOD stages farther out. The LOD4 step of mountain LOD almost always uses the full mountainslab texture, so pushing that step out to LOD8 helps a lot. Could a similar thing be done with glaciers as well? Their LOD4 model already uses custom textures though. Maybe pushing the full model (they are not very complex in terms of shape) out to LOD4 or LOD8? Would that be possible with rules? Performance impact is a given of course.

Edited by Phlunder

34 minutes ago, Phlunder said:

Hey sheson! Thanks for all the latest improvements to DynDOLOD 3.0. The renderer for custom object and tree LOD textures is really something else, perfect match now! Having trees with normal maps in object LOD helps a lot too, once they are matched in terms of brightness of the diffuse, they blend well in every situation! Good stuff!

I still have issues with blending the damn glaciers, even with custom made LOD textures to match, their horrible UVs make it hard to make them look good. For mountains/unique, I used a suggestion of yours from a while ago, creating a ruleset that pushes certain LOD stages farther out. The LOD4 step of mountain LOD almost always uses the full mountainslab texture, so pushing that step out to LOD8 helps a lot. Could a similar thing be done with glaciers as well? Their LOD4 model already uses custom textures though. Maybe pushing the full model (they are not very complex in terms of shape) out to LOD4 or LOD8? Would that be possible with rules? Performance impact is a given of course.

Of course, just create a mesh mask rule that targets part of the path/filename of the full model of whatever it is you want to target with custom rules.

However, keep in mind that LOD does not support parallax, so using such full models for object LOD is probably not going to look as expected.

4 hours ago, sheson said:

Of course, just create a mesh mask rule that targets part of the path/filename of the full model of whatever it is you want to target with custom rules.

However, keep in mind that LOD does not support parallax, so using such full models for object LOD is probably not going to look as expected.

Thanks for the quick response! Yes, I noticed, due to the missing capability I had to make changes to the LOD textures to take the visual impact of the parallax effect on full models into account. Now that I think of it, to give those full models as LOD a different texture, I would have to make them a different mesh with unique texture path assigned. I wonder if it would make sense to just replace the LOD models with the full ones, and assign a special texture to it. Not sure why they've gone through the trouble of making so many unique LOD meshes for those glaciers, they don't really have much shape complexity to begin with.

Thanks for the ideas! I'll try to figure something out. Best way would be to create new reduced LOD models for the glaciers of course... Just beyond my capabilities.

1 hour ago, Phlunder said:

Thanks for the quick response! Yes, I noticed, due to the missing capability I had to make changes to the LOD textures to take the visual impact of the parallax effect on full models into account. Now that I think of it, to give those full models as LOD a different texture, I would have to make them a different mesh with unique texture path assigned. I wonder if it would make sense to just replace the LOD models with the full ones, and assign a special texture to it. Not sure why they've gone through the trouble of making so many unique LOD meshes for those glaciers, they don't really have much shape complexity to begin with.

Thanks for the ideas! I'll try to figure something out. Best way would be to create new reduced LOD models for the glaciers of course... Just beyond my capabilities.

Consoles. Also, full modes and LOD models not having to closely matching 3D shapes helps to reduce texture z-fighting while both show for that brief second.

Sure, you can just take the 3D shape data (maybe do a slight decimation) from the full model and update shader + textures.