Jump to content

Recommended Posts

30 minutes ago, Dovahkiin3264 said:

SSEdit can't even find "icefrozen03_n.dds" What am I suppose to do? It's not in the Texgen output. And with the extracting part, all there is when I right clikc the dds is; Save, Save as,Copy all to and copy to clipboard. 

TexGen wants to copy textures\dungeons\caves\cavebasewall05_n.dds to a new icefrozen03_n.dds in order to create it.

The message "The system cannot find the path specified."  typically means the OS or antivir or whatever prevents the creation of the destination path / file, e.g. icefrozen03_n.dds  in this case.

From CanNotCopy.html:
"For example, use the xEdit Asset Browser to filter for the source file and use right click save as to write the file. The fist mentioned container is the one with the highest priority."

The source obviously is "textures\dungeons\caves\cavebasewall05_n.dds"

Right clicking and saving as is synonymous with extracting the file (e.g. from BSA).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey sheson! Thanks for all the latest improvements to DynDOLOD 3.0. The renderer for custom object and tree LOD textures is really something else, perfect match now! Having trees with normal maps in object LOD helps a lot too, once they are matched in terms of brightness of the diffuse, they blend well in every situation! Good stuff!

I still have issues with blending the damn glaciers, even with custom made LOD textures to match, their horrible UVs make it hard to make them look good. For mountains/unique, I used a suggestion of yours from a while ago, creating a ruleset that pushes certain LOD stages farther out. The LOD4 step of mountain LOD almost always uses the full mountainslab texture, so pushing that step out to LOD8 helps a lot. Could a similar thing be done with glaciers as well? Their LOD4 model already uses custom textures though. Maybe pushing the full model (they are not very complex in terms of shape) out to LOD4 or LOD8? Would that be possible with rules? Performance impact is a given of course.

Edited by Phlunder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Phlunder said:

Hey sheson! Thanks for all the latest improvements to DynDOLOD 3.0. The renderer for custom object and tree LOD textures is really something else, perfect match now! Having trees with normal maps in object LOD helps a lot too, once they are matched in terms of brightness of the diffuse, they blend well in every situation! Good stuff!

I still have issues with blending the damn glaciers, even with custom made LOD textures to match, their horrible UVs make it hard to make them look good. For mountains/unique, I used a suggestion of yours from a while ago, creating a ruleset that pushes certain LOD stages farther out. The LOD4 step of mountain LOD almost always uses the full mountainslab texture, so pushing that step out to LOD8 helps a lot. Could a similar thing be done with glaciers as well? Their LOD4 model already uses custom textures though. Maybe pushing the full model (they are not very complex in terms of shape) out to LOD4 or LOD8? Would that be possible with rules? Performance impact is a given of course.

Of course, just create a mesh mask rule that targets part of the path/filename of the full model of whatever it is you want to target with custom rules.

However, keep in mind that LOD does not support parallax, so using such full models for object LOD is probably not going to look as expected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, sheson said:

Of course, just create a mesh mask rule that targets part of the path/filename of the full model of whatever it is you want to target with custom rules.

However, keep in mind that LOD does not support parallax, so using such full models for object LOD is probably not going to look as expected.

Thanks for the quick response! Yes, I noticed, due to the missing capability I had to make changes to the LOD textures to take the visual impact of the parallax effect on full models into account. Now that I think of it, to give those full models as LOD a different texture, I would have to make them a different mesh with unique texture path assigned. I wonder if it would make sense to just replace the LOD models with the full ones, and assign a special texture to it. Not sure why they've gone through the trouble of making so many unique LOD meshes for those glaciers, they don't really have much shape complexity to begin with.

Thanks for the ideas! I'll try to figure something out. Best way would be to create new reduced LOD models for the glaciers of course... Just beyond my capabilities.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Phlunder said:

Thanks for the quick response! Yes, I noticed, due to the missing capability I had to make changes to the LOD textures to take the visual impact of the parallax effect on full models into account. Now that I think of it, to give those full models as LOD a different texture, I would have to make them a different mesh with unique texture path assigned. I wonder if it would make sense to just replace the LOD models with the full ones, and assign a special texture to it. Not sure why they've gone through the trouble of making so many unique LOD meshes for those glaciers, they don't really have much shape complexity to begin with.

Thanks for the ideas! I'll try to figure something out. Best way would be to create new reduced LOD models for the glaciers of course... Just beyond my capabilities.

Consoles. Also, full modes and LOD models not having to closely matching 3D shapes helps to reduce texture z-fighting while both show for that brief second.

Sure, you can just take the 3D shape data (maybe do a slight decimation) from the full model and update shader + textures.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Similar Content

    • By slymeasy
      I already have Vortex overiding whatever conflicts come up so I don't need Wrye Bash to do that at all. All I need to do is a simple leveled list merge and I'm finding it difficult to follow the tutorials and guides I'm seeing on Youtube and other places. I can't find one tutorial that's specifically for just merging leveled lists. I wanted to be as safe as possible and just bash together the leveled lists and nothing else.
      I managed to get a bash patch up with a new game with the simplest tutorial I could find, but I feel like I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. 
      I have one made now and it looks like it's working, but can anyone give me just simple step by step guide just a safe bashed patch for just leveled lists. I removed USSEP and anything vanilla from the patch. Was I supposed to just leave those things in? If so do I bash it again and continue playing or do I start a new game?
    • By KanickelKanone
      Recently switched to Win10 after playing SkyrimSE with mods on MO2 and Nexus Mod Manager on Win 7.
      Redownloaded all mods on MO2. When i try to start Skyrim SE or Skyrim SE script extender(skse64_loader.exe) through MO2(started as admin)-> crash on startup
      I only see a black window almost fullscreen labeled "Skyrim Special Edition" before it dissapears. No error.
      Crashing even with every mod disabled(In the plugins section)
      Starting skyrim SE or Script extender through the folder works. I can even get in the game and check my SKSE version. Everything is fine. But obviously no mods are loaded.
      I installed Skyrim on my F:\ and Mod Organizer on my C:\
      SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\SKSE\SKSE.ini contains:
      [Display]
      iTintTextureResolution=2048
      [General]
      ClearInvalidRegistrations=1
      ;EnableDiagnostics=1
      [Memory]
      DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB=768
      ScrapHeapSizeMB=256
      Same goes for AppData\Local\ModOrganizer\Skyrim Special Edition\mods\SKSE64 Data\SKSE\SKSE.ini
      As you can see i also added SKSE as a mod through MO2
      I cleaned Update/Dawnguard/Hearthfires/Dragonborn.esm with the xEdit auto tool and manually removed a cell in a mod due to a error. The only warning in MO2 remaining is that there is Data in my Overwrite Path. Only the cleaned mod is inside aswell as a log from the AchievementsModEnabler mod is in the Overwrite Section.
      Appdata\Local\ModOrganizer\Skyrim Special Edition\crashDumps is empty.
      So what am i doing wrong? Any help is very appreciated 
      Attached: Most recent log after crash from Appdata\Local\ModOrganizer\Skyrim Special Edition\logs 
      usvfs-2021-09-19_16-34-51.log
    • By Bothello
      Need help with fixing CTD problems.
      i've been modding my game for a year now with none of these issues and as of late been having crashes with "BSTextureDB" and "BSLightingShaderProperty". I already wanted to change my mods so i thought heck it i'll start from scratch. Done that but half way trough i still have the same problems. Almost every report names a deferent mod... SMIM, High Poly Project, my grass mod, Majestic Mountains, NPC Overhauls, ect... these mostly  occurs at cities like Whiterun, Windhelm and Solitude, but isn't limited to it.
      The crash reports of the last 3 days are in the attachment area. Hope anyone could help me 
      Crash_2021_9_18_12-16-3.txt Crash_2021_9_18_13-4-29.txt Crash_2021_9_18_14-49-5.txt Crash_2021_9_19_11-57-27.txt Crash_2021_9_19_12-4-6.txt Crash_2021_9_19_12-8-35.txt Crash_2021_9_17_11-3-8.txt Crash_2021_9_17_11-52-23.txt Crash_2021_9_17_13-10-20.txt Crash_2021_9_17_13-13-49.txt Crash_2021_9_17_13-58-12.txt Crash_2021_9_17_15-15-30.txt
  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.