Jump to content
TechAngel85

Enemy (R)Evolution of Skyrim (by Mangekyoumadara1987)

Recommended Posts

We already have a mod topic for Odin Spells for NPCs that has the testing tag on it. You can find the original discussion re Enemy (R)Evolution of Skyrim and Odin Spells for NPCs in the Spell Perk Item Distributor xEdit Scripts by konkeranto topic. I don't use magic much (other than candlelight, magelight and restoration), but it seems odd that Odin Spells for NPCs has a testing tag if this one is accepted unless it was overlooked when someone tagged this one accepted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Greg said:

I don't use magic much (other than candlelight, magelight and restoration), but it seems odd that Odin Spells for NPCs has a testing tag if this one is accepted unless it was overlooked when someone tagged this one accepted.

Tech only added Odin Spells for NPCs and the Vokrii one just Friday. We probably could just tag these all as accepted tbh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This mod does the same as the one below but the latter covers WAY more (52 spells for Odin vs a handful from this mod), so if Odin is accepted the Odin INI from this mod needs to not be used. I'm not using this for Odin. I use the latter for Odin:

 

This mod's primary purpose is to distribute Skills and Perks, altering the gameplay around Skills and Perks. It's a Skills and Perk mod and I would never consider it anything else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, TechAngel85 said:

This mod does the same as the one below but the latter covers WAY more (52 spells for Odin vs a handful from this mod), so if Odin is accepted the Odin INI from this mod needs to not be used. I'm not using this for Odin. I use the latter for Odin:

 

This mod's primary purpose is to distribute Skills and Perks, altering the gameplay around Skills and Perks. It's a Skills and Perk mod and I would never consider it anything else.

ODIN Spells for NPCS has been accepted, so we should NOT use this mod's ODIN changes ... just confirming this is what you are saying.

This mod is categorized properly then. Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, z929669 said:

ODIN Spells for NPCS has been accepted, so we should NOT use this mod's ODIN changes ... just confirming this is what you are saying.

This mod is categorized properly then. Thanks

Yes, that is correct. This both do the same thing and Odin for NPCs does a lot more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We should remove this due to using Odin spells for NPC's or just untick the Odin spells for NPC's in the FOMOD while retaining the potion and shouts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FYI: The wiki instructions for this mod still haven't been updated. The Odin option is still checked in the FOMOD installer. It should NOT be ticked. Please refer to the discussion in the few posts above this one for context. Thanks.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Mousetick said:

FYI: The wiki instructions for this mod still haven't been updated. The Odin option is still checked in the FOMOD installer. It should NOT be ticked. Please refer to the discussion in the few posts above this one for context. Thanks.

Thanks. Fixed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So discussion of this mod has come up and I did mention a while back that it should be removed after Odin Spells for NPCs was added. This mod does more than just spells now, so we should evaluation if it's still even desired.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TechAngel85 said:

So discussion of this mod has come up and I did mention a while back that it should be removed after Odin Spells for NPCs was added. This mod does more than just spells now, so we should evaluation if it's still even desired.

 

Agree. Too many potions is a problem, IMO. Much better game-wise to incentivize the PC to practice alchemy or other means to augment more scant potions.

Modifying the potions config file may resolve. One good thing about this mod is that it makes NPCs more powerful for better mid-late game balance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, z929669 said:

Agree. Too many potions is a problem, IMO. Much better game-wise to incentivize the PC to practice alchemy or other means to augment more scant potions.

Modifying the potions config file may resolve. One good thing about this mod is that it makes NPCs more powerful for better mid-late game balance.

Looks like the INI is only for SPID distro, so won't help with too many potions in loot.

I do question distro of shouts to NPCs ... this is specialized with access only to the Dragonborn, no? If accurate, I recommend disabling this SPID (setting to none)

I will look at the plugin to see if I can figure out how to patch out most of the loot potion increases from vanilla.

EDIT: There is no plugin, so SPID indirectly must add potions to loot via vanilla mechanics. I'd rather not change that in the CR patch. Maybe we should consider not using this and opting for a better solution.


Some options for this:

  1. Add No Potions for Bandit Animals - EEOS Patch - This will slightly mitigate potion-economy flood and senseless use of potions by animals.
  2. Disable Potions (and Shouts!) SPID and use one of the other NPC potions mods

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Shouts from Vanilla and Thunderchild have been provided to lore friendly factions - Draugr, Dragon Priests, Cultists and the Greybeards.

Only one I question are Cultists. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, DoubleYou said:

Only one I question are Cultists. 

Fair enough. I hadn't checked the factions and made wild assumptions. I suppose those factions make sense but for the cultists. It seems like Drougr and Dragon Priests should have somewhat limited shout abilities/levels but for select/applicable shouts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, z929669 said:

Some options for this:

  1. Add No Potions for Bandit Animals - EEOS Patch - This will slightly mitigate potion-economy flood and senseless use of potions by animals.

Designed for Lexy's LoTD modlist. Won't work with STEP. Requirements: OBIS, Omega, SkyTest Realistic Animals and Predators, USSEP, Serenity.

But yeah, the potion distribution rules that EEOS provides are wacky. I didn't notice potions on dogs or horses as I don't fight them, but I was definitely bothered by pit wolves being given healing potions. Perhaps death hounds had them too, I don't remember.

18 hours ago, z929669 said:

2. Disable Potions (and Shouts!) SPID and use one of the other NPC potions mods

If you disable Potions and Shouts you can drop this mod entirely, as they're the only options that are currently used in the guide:

image.png

 

Distributing potions/poisons to baddies' inventory is a good idea in theory. Besides its wacky distribution rules, the main issue with this mod is that unused potions remain after the baddies are dead:

  • The default AI is pretty bad at consuming potions during combat to begin with.
  • Stealth kills provide no opportunity for the AI to consume them.

Either alternative, NPCs use Potions or Smart NPC Potions - Enemies Use Potions and Poisons, alleviate this issue by ensuring that potions/poisons are used during combat and/or removed upon death.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mousetick said:

Designed for Lexy's LoTD modlist. Won't work with STEP. Requirements: OBIS, Omega, SkyTest Realistic Animals and Predators, USSEP, Serenity.

Got it. I belay my last.

4 hours ago, Mousetick said:

If you disable Potions and Shouts you can drop this mod entirely, as they're the only options that are currently used in the guide:

image.png

I forgot that we weren't installing the Odin plugin further down in options. I think we would still want to use Shouts for Dragon Priests, Draugr, and Greybeards as @DoubleYou mentioned.

I have marked the other two mod options for testing and will comment on those topics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.