DynDOLOD and Warzones - Civil Unrest

gmahadhika91

Question

Hello, I'm playing SSE with the warzones mod. It adds plethora of combative NPC and some temporary "tent" object (of which by default does not shows from a distance).

It's temporary because once the combat ends, it will disappear when the player got too far from the tent object. It will just disappear even when the PC is looking at it. If possible I would like to disable these tents from appearing altogether, but that's warzones problem, not DynDOLOD.

My questions are:
1. What happens when I add LOD to these objects? I imagine it would be good *before* combat ends because it shows from a distance. But when the combat ends, the LOD would still be there but when the PC got close it will disappear (as the original object disappear once combat ends). Will this be the case?
2. If I were to add LOD to these objects, what are the recommended settings?
3. I'm fine with it disappears after combat ends (I just imagine it being burned/demolished to the ground), but I wish it to shows from a distance before combat ends.

Thank you in advance.

Edited by gmahadhika91

7 answers to this question

DynDOLOD has LOD models for Nordic and Imperial tents and typically adds LOD for them automatically.
DynDOLOD uses dynamic LOD for objects that are initially disabled or have an enable parent automatically.

The vanilla game already has military camps that change. None of this is new and LOD should already be working.

Are those automatically applied even in low preset?

I guess it does have LOD. Sorry I've been quite busy so I didn't notice/can't check much in game.

Edit: One last thing, how do I delete Warzones object using SSEEdit? Should I just remove all worldspace edit from that mod (the EDID record)? Thank you again.

Not specifically mentioning presets in my answer means it always applies.

Is there anything preventing you from starting the game to check if the current DynDOLOD output has the tents for the vanilla military camps?

To remove records, right click and select remove.

However, I am not sure what records in what plugins it is you want to remove. So do so at your own risk.

Yes I just need a confirmation whether it's true that object added by mod is in the worldspace category.

I do however added a rule for mountains (forgot what mod suggest me to do so, maybe no grass in object):

Mesh mask: mountains
VWD
LOD level 4: Level0
LOD level 8: Level0
LOD level 16: Level1
LOD level 32: None
Grid: FarLOD
Reference: Unchanged

Or maybe the mountain thing is a problem from my skyrimpref.ini setting? (I use BethIni)

And back to my animated banner LOD, I tried using high preset and I set it exactly the same as before but the banner won't show at very far distance, but it does show as I got closer and it didn't fade. Just not showing at very far distance.

Sheson I thank you from all my heart that you created DynDOLOD it really does make a difference. I refuse to play Skyrim without DynDOLOD, it's too jarring. I'm sorry if I'm bothering you I swear I've read the RTFM but I'm afraid I'm having difficulties understanding the whole thing and what does what under the hood of DynDOLOD.

Objects in a worldspace are placed by REFR (references) records as children of a CELL record.

As you see object LOD has 3 levels. Adjust how far these levels render, especially LOD Level 16 (fBlockMaximumDistance). Everything beyond its distance is just terrain LOD.

The same settings should always produce the same results. References that have NeverFadeLOD/NeverFadeFull or Copy/Original show as far as the fSkyCellFadeDistance setting.

LOD is generated for references that use base records with LOD model definitions, the full model matches a mesh rule or a reference rule matches the reference form id.

I am still not quite sure what it is you are asking about objects  or what it is you are trying to achieve.