How to install mods

Lonestar77566

2 hours ago, Lonestar77566 said:

Instructions say Visit the STEP Forum and download SSE-Terrain-Tamriel.esm

Place the file in the (TEMP) - SSE Terrain - Tamriel - xLODGen folder in MO and enable (tick) the mod.

MEGA saves this to my downloads folder.  I cant do anything with it from here. 

How do I move this? 

This is the xLODGen support thread. if you are following a guide and have problems with it, you need to ask on its related forums.

Moving or copying files is a basic OS function. Use a file manager like Windows Explorer for example. Right click , then cut and paste or drag & drop work reasonable well.

Use an Internet search engine to find guides and answer to basic OS functions and computer usage.

Split and moved to Bugs & Guide Support.

From Mod Organizer:

• Click the Install a mode from an archive button (the box and CD-ROM icon in the toolbar at the top left of the window)
  • Browse to your Downloads folder (usually C:\Users\[username]\Downloads
  • Select the file you downloaded
  • Click Open

10 hours ago, Lonestar77566 said:

Instructions say Visit the STEP Forum and download SSE-Terrain-Tamriel.esm

You are skipping over some basic stuff from the top of the guide, so you need to follow the System Setup Guide and the MO section in particular.

We recently moved the Tools Setup from the main guide into this guide, since this piece is generally applicable to all of our Bethesda game guides.

15 hours ago, Greg said:

From Mod Organizer:

• Click the Install a mode from an archive button (the box and CD-ROM icon in the toolbar at the top left of the window)
  • Browse to your Downloads folder (usually C:\Users\[username]\Downloads
  • Select the file you downloaded
  • Click Open

I have my file explorer set to see hidden files.  I moved the .esm file folder to my desktop and it opens in explorer showing the five files inside.  When I direct MO2 to that file folder and open it, its empty.  It doesn't see it as a mod I'm guessing?

9 hours ago, Lonestar77566 said:

I have my file explorer set to see hidden files.  I moved the .esm file folder to my desktop and it opens in explorer showing the five files inside.  When I direct MO2 to that file folder and open it, its empty.  It doesn't see it as a mod I'm guessing?

You need to do this on the archive, not the extracted folder.