Set Animated Banner and road to be Neverfade on Low Template

gmahadhika91

Question

Greetings,
I've been using DynDOLOD for years. But I've only been using the template provided by default.

I wish to set all animated banners (for example, the flowing banner on top of the tower where we first fight a dragon) and roads to be neverfade and always viewable and animated when distance on low template. I think they are already sets like that on medium template, but my old laptop can't even tolerate medium.

I've been reading the manual but I still don't understand. Please help me on the bits about adding meshes and the rules, thank you.

8 answers to this question

Mesh Mask =  Banner.nif (get the correct filename(s) with more informative console)
LOD4/8/16 = None (the setting doesn't really matter because a static object LOD model does not exist, it is more obvious this way)
VWD = unchecked (because a static object LOD model does not exist)
Grid =  Near or Far LOD (it will automatically use the full model if no dynamic LOD model exists)
Reference = Unchanged

LOD models for roads are shipping with DynDOLOD. The Low preset disables their use. Just find the rule \roads\, which sets all static object LOD levels to None and remove it. The default \ rule will take over for them and they will have static object LOD like the Medium and High presets.

Thank you so much for  your help, I have some questions however:
1. How do I get the correct filename(s)? Using informative console mod? If I have the .nif I want, do I just type it in the Mesh Mask Column?
2. What would be different if I use Near/Far LOD?
3. What about Upgrade NearGrid Large Refs? Is it a good idea to always check it regardless of presets?
4. So for the road I just need to delete the \roads\ rule yes?
5. If possible, would you kindly show me a screenshot of the banner rule as you just descripted?

Again, thank you for helping me!

1. More Informative Console shows the model filename in the left pane when clicking an object. As already explained put the filename into the Mesh mask field.
2. Read the manual ..\DynDOLOD\Docs\DynDOLOD_Manual.html "DynDOLOD Mod" which explains the two distances.
3. Depends on your visual and performance preferences.
4. That is what I explained.
5. Just set the fields as explained. None = Empty

Thank you, it looks amazing!

One last thing, I am using https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/11446/?tab=description for tree billboards. However, as I said, I am hurting for performance so I can't afford tree mods like SFO.

Currently, the dead trees near Solitude shows a LOD of leafy pines, but when I get close to it, it changes into dead tree and it's pretty jarring.

Where can I get proper billboards for those dead trees? Thank you again.

As the manual explains, tree mods should include their own billboards  or offer them as separate download. Those billboards need to be installed after the billboards for vanilla trees in the same order as tree mods overwrite the full model trees.

The DynDOLOD  3 alpha test includes an improved version of TexGen, which generates billboards for the load order and thus does not require any 3rd party billboards to be installed.