Odin - Skyrim Magic Overhaul (by EnaiSiaion)

TechAngel85

On 3/7/2021 at 6:33 PM, TechAngel85 said:

Disable Modern Brawl Bug Fix, as this mod includes that.

Not questioning this, but IMO it's perplexing that the author makes no mention of this. Even the word brawl doesn't appear anywhere on the mod's Description, Logs, Posts, or Articles.

2 hours ago, alphaniner said:

Not questioning this, but IMO it's perplexing that the author makes no mention of this. Even the word brawl doesn't appear anywhere on the mod's Description, Logs, Posts, or Articles.

It's because it's not included in Odin, but in Vokrii (from the same MA) which is also part of the STEP guide. Tech probably confused between the two. See last point at the end Vokrii's FAQ.

• 8 months later...
9 hours ago, z929669 said:

Funny. I saw this and downloaded it today. Part of my bug delving into patches actually.

It's an interesting patch that can't be made intuitively just by looking at stuff in xEdit. Whoever made it must have an excellent knowledge of both Odin and CACO poisoning and poison resistance mechanics. I used to use an unofficial Odin + CACO patch before, which was made intuitively and was incomplete compared to this new one.

1 hour ago, Mousetick said:

It's an interesting patch that can't be made intuitively just by looking at stuff in xEdit. Whoever made it must have an excellent knowledge of both Odin and CACO poisoning and poison resistance mechanics. I used to use an unofficial Odin + CACO patch before, which was made intuitively and was incomplete compared to this new one.

Yeah, as you know, 50% of patching is "rule of thumb" and the remainder is knowledge-based with respect to the mods and mechanics involved. I want the context of the latter to modify the former, if you get my drift.

5 hours ago, z929669 said:

I want the context of the latter to modify the former, if you get my drift.

Well yes I get it in a way, but not really :) If you're alluding to your research into WACCF and CCOR patching and using AMB Content Addon as a guide, I still don't understand your thought process. But I don't mean to interfere or argue with it, so don't mind me. I just hope it works out well for you :)

3 minutes ago, Mousetick said:

Well yes I get it in a way, but not really :) If you're alluding to your research into WACCF and CCOR patching and using AMB Content Addon as a guide, I still don't understand your thought process. But I don't mean to interfere or argue with it, so don't mind me. I just hope it works out well for you :)

Call it a potential wild goose chase ;) Sometimes I opt to "just do it", regardless of pragmatism ... surprisingly, I tend to learn from this approach if nothing more than "don't do that again". :blink:

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Mod updated on nexus

• Version 2.0.1

• A much bigger Odin update (3.x) is in the works to cleanly separate it from Apocalypse and integrate it into Futhark as a basic magic overhaul without gimmicks. This minor update was originally part of it, but due to the impact on several compatibility patches, the changes to mind affecting Illusion spells and were fast tracked, to ensure those patches can be updated in advance. This should mean that 3.x will have no impact on those compatibility patches, or at worst a minimal impact.
    • Illusion: All mind affecting effects are now available at both Adept and Expert level, instead of being split between them. However, the Adept version has a smaller AoE in addition to being weaker and cheaper.
    • Illusion: Add injected keywords for rally and command spells.
    • Illusion: Fix several incorrect conditions.
    • Illusion - Shadow Legion: add missing variable level cap keyword.
    • Restoration: Add injected keywords for sun and poison spells (shared with Mysticism).
    • Restoration - Black Hand: Reduce poison damage from 50 -> 25 per second.
    • (REQUIRES NEW VOKRII-ODIN PATCH)
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Mercury71 said:

Mod updated on nexus

• Version 2.0.1

• A much bigger Odin update (3.x) is in the works to cleanly separate it from Apocalypse and integrate it into Futhark as a basic magic overhaul without gimmicks. This minor update was originally part of it, but due to the impact on several compatibility patches, the changes to mind affecting Illusion spells and were fast tracked, to ensure those patches can be updated in advance. This should mean that 3.x will have no impact on those compatibility patches, or at worst a minimal impact.
    • Illusion: All mind affecting effects are now available at both Adept and Expert level, instead of being split between them. However, the Adept version has a smaller AoE in addition to being weaker and cheaper.
    • Illusion: Add injected keywords for rally and command spells.
    • Illusion: Fix several incorrect conditions.
    • Illusion - Shadow Legion: add missing variable level cap keyword.
    • Restoration: Add injected keywords for sun and poison spells (shared with Mysticism).
    • Restoration - Black Hand: Reduce poison damage from 50 -> 25 per second.
    • (REQUIRES NEW VOKRII-ODIN PATCH)

After reviewing, this update indeed mandated a few changes to the CR patch and some minor changes to the CACO patch as well. Since the Odin - Vokrii Compatibility Patch has not been updated yet --and we've no idea when that will be-- I also forwarded/merged the relevant of those changes into the Step CR Patch to avert any questions or issues related to this.

All changes and guidance is reflected on Nexus and in the changelog.

2 hours ago, z929669 said:

After reviewing, this update indeed mandated a few changes to the CR patch and some minor changes to the CACO patch as well. Since the Odin - Vokrii Compatibility Patch has not been updated yet --and we've no idea when that will be-- I also forwarded/merged the relevant of those changes into the Step CR Patch to avert any questions or issues related to this.

All changes and guidance is reflected on Nexus and in the changelog.

Odin - Vokrii Compabilyty patch was updated on Vokrii site feb 22. https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/26176?tab=files

Should we use that one for now?