STEP v2.2.1 Official Bug Reports Thread

Farlo

2.I

Elven Weapons for Silence

When installed with Mod Organizer, error message appears "Skyrim.esm not active".

It's the only plugin i was not able to install yet.

A work around for this would be to extract the 7zip and open up the ModuleConfig.xml located in the fomod folder with notepad.

Remove the line

Hit save.

Use winrar to create the new archive and load that into Mod Organizer.

Or simply check "use integrated fomod installer" option in MO options.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm installing STEP...again (since TC first versions). I'll be reporting any small errors found in the wiki and bugs in STEP process.

First little contradiction (for those who don't know):

The skse.ini file is said to be placed in Skyrim/Data/Plugins/ or Skyrim/Data/ ?

See both versions:

https://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:Wrye_Bash#tab=Pre-installation_Setup

https://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:Skyrim_Installation#tab=Hacks

I'm installing STEP...again (since TC first versions). I'll be reporting any small errors found in the wiki and bugs in STEP process.

First little contradiction (for those who don't know):

The skse.ini file is said to be placed in Skyrim/Data/Plugins/ or Skyrim/Data/ ?

See both versions:

https://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:Wrye_Bash#tab=Pre-installation_Setup

https://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:Skyrim_Installation#tab=Hacks

Fixed and properly articulated

Skyrim Flora Overhaul, there is a tree collision fix since Feb 14, do we need it? Should be clearified in the Guide.

https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/141

Tree Collison Fix 1,094 unique downloads 1,255 downloads 95kb size

drop the file into meshes

Yes. Should use it.

Added.
It only appears on the mod detail site (https://wiki.step-project.com/Skyrim_Flora_Overhaul) but not in the guide notes.
Grr, I keep forgetting to refresh the guide.  Should be updated now.
Apparently, the Tree Collision Fix is not needed anymore. The file has been moved to the "old" section on the nexus download page, and it's description now reads "outdated not needed".

Apparently, the Tree Collision Fix is not needed anymore. The file has been moved to the "old" section on the nexus download page, and it's description now reads "outdated not needed".

Quote from vurt: "for 1.76b it's not outdated"
I stand corrected, my bad :)

Quote from vurt: "for 1.76b it's not outdated"

Just noticed that forumpost on the Nexus too. Vurt should have put that in the description of the Tree Collision Fix instead of the ambiguous "outdated not needed" statement.

*edit* sorry for the double post, when posting my previous message, the forum crashed ("too many connections") and I thought it hadn't gone through.

I don't know which of the two Bird mods is doing it but there is collision on the birds that walk around on the ground which breaks gameplay for me. You can be running along and suddenly you're stuck and prevented from running forward. You look down thinking it's a rock or something...nope, you've ran into a tiny little bird walking about which is preventing you from walking until you walk around it when you should be able to step over the tiny thing.

I don't know which of the two Bird mods is doing it but there is collision on the birds that walk around on the ground which breaks gameplay for me. You can be running along and suddenly you're stuck and prevented from running forward. You look down thinking it's a rock or something...nope, you've ran into a tiny little bird walking about which is preventing you from walking until you walk around it when you should be able to step over the tiny thing.

Birds of Sky rim makes the walking birds.

Would including a "natively wrye bash configured" tag or column be possible? I find myself just downloading mods, loading them into Bash Installers and seeing if I get any red flags when I load WB. Not the best way, I know, but it definitely speeds things along when you're trying to get the most out of a limited amount of time.

Would including a "natively wrye bash configured" tag or column be possible? I find myself just downloading mods' date=' loading them into Bash Installers and seeing if I get any red flags when I load WB. Not the best way, I know, but it definitely speeds things along when you're trying to get the most out of a limited amount of time.[/quote']

Clicking on the "W" following any mod in the list will take you to the mod page, where you can see if the downloaded package is BAIN compatible. Some of these may be outdated, so if you or anyone else has that experience, please click on [Page Tools] > [Edit With Form] and find the BAIN Compatibility checkbox and tick or untick the box as appropriate and save. Thanks

I found a bug with consistent older people and xce

go to riverwood and look for "anise's cabin" kill her, take off her clothes and look at her feet. If they look like this, we must try to figure out how to solve this issue...

Oups: I would love to post a screenshot, but unfortunately I seem to be unable to make uncorrupted screenshots with Gamebooster, ATTK and HiAlgoBoost running at the same time... What you should see here, is a pretty bad texture seem around the ankles of her...