Display Issues after M02 Upgrade to 2.4.0 from 2.3.2

Paes

Question

Hello all,

I seem to have created a mess with my Skyrim SE build and I'm looking for help on how to untangle this.

What Changed

- I had a functional Skyrim SE Step Build
- Today, I was about to launch it after about a week of inactivity, and noticed that MO2 had an an upgrade available, so I decided to upgrade (mistake)
- After the upgrade finished, I ran LOOT and it complained that an add-on (LOS II) was dirty, so I ran QuickClean, and then moved the files out of the Overwrite directory
- I reran LOOT, and it came back clean (except for one error about a different mod that has always been there, and I've been told is a false positive)

What Happens Now

- Skyrim SE launches, but the colors are wrong --- everything is extremely dark (ie. barely visible)

I have no idea where to begin troubleshooting this and any help would be appreciated. 🙂

3 answers to this question

Right click LOS and reinstall. Sort with LOOT, ignoring the message and see if things are working. Note that LOSII is required by the Step patch as indicated on the mod page:

https://stepmodifications.org/wiki/SkyrimSE:Lanterns_Of_Skyrim_II

This is why you are having issues probably. Nothing to do with the MO update. Cleaning LOS probably broke the patch.