Greg

Iconic's Remastered Paragon Gems Retexture

This is a no-brainer for me. No bugs, and only replaces textures/meshes, so it looks good to me. Replaces only vanilla assets in current Step SE 1.0.0

I will install.

I couldn't find a good location for comparisons because the lighting is so dark and these things roll around like marbles, so I took these screenshots from my inventory. Also note the paragons are animated so it's difficult to see the colors of the paragons in still images. I think the silver metal most closely matches the color of the vanilla metal, although the metal could be user choice.

Amethyst Paragon: Vanilla > Iconic's Silver > Iconic's Gold > Iconic's Bronze > Iconic's Black Iron

Amethyst Paragon - aVanilla.pngAmethyst Paragon - bSilver.pngAmethyst Paragon - cGold.pngAmethyst Paragon - dBronze.pngAmethyst Paragon - eBlack Iron.png

Diamond Paragon: Vanilla > Iconic's Silver > Iconic's Gold > Iconic's Bronze > Iconic's Black Iron

Diamond Paragon - aVanilla.pngDiamond Paragon - bSilver.pngDiamond Paragon - cGold.pngDiamond Paragon - dBronze.pngDiamond Paragon - eBlack Iron.png

Emerald: Paragon: Vanilla > Iconic's Silver > Iconic's Gold > Iconic's Bronze > Iconic's Black Iron

Emerald Paragon - aVanilla.pngEmerald Paragon - bSilver.pngEmerald Paragon - cGold.pngEmerald Paragon - dBronze.pngEmerald Paragon - eBlack Iron.png

Ruby Paragon: Vanilla > Iconic's Silver > Iconic's Gold > Iconic's Bronze > Iconic's Black Iron

Ruby Paragon - aVanilla.pngRuby Paragon - bSilver.pngRuby Paragon - cGold.pngRuby Paragon - dBronze.pngRuby Paragon - eBlack Iron.png

Sapphire Paragon: Vanilla > Iconic's Silver > Iconic's Gold > Iconic's Bronze > Iconic's Black Iron

Sapphire Paragon - aVanilla.pngSapphire Paragon - bSilver.pngSapphire Paragon - cGold.pngSapphire Paragon - dBronze.pngSapphire Paragon - eBlack Iron.png

Thanks for the shots.

I like Iconic's for sure, and either gold or bronze seem to be a nice replacer for vanilla. I prefer the crispness of the bronze but I like them both.

I think either the gold or the bronze are nice choices as well, although I have yet to decide which of the two I prefer.

That metal in vanilla is actually suppose to be bronze and should match the Snow Elf ruins textures, the only other place you'll see that metal. That's the only complaint I have. It no longer matches those textures from vanilla.

3 hours ago, TechAngel85 said:

That metal in vanilla is actually suppose to be bronze and should match the Snow Elf ruins textures, the only other place you'll see that metal. That's the only complaint I have. It no longer matches those textures from vanilla.

We can simply hide the offending texture(s) then. Iconic's gems are definitely an improvement ... the metal, not as much.