TexGen textures\dbm resources\new museum\stainedglass01.dds not found

ElanaReloaded

Question

Errors running texgen. Skyrim special edition, MOD Organizer 2 v2.3.2

“-sse†augment added as per instructions.

Watched videos several times. Read docs. Ran SSETexGen (error log report below).

>>> HOW DO I FIX THIS? And get TexGen to run successfully, so I may archive the output - install it, and then run DynDOLOD Successfully? (and archive that output – and install). <<<

I reinstalled LotD, still got these errors -

Clueless how to turn off “archive management†in MO2 (log says I need to -- NO documentation /videos mention this).

log report: “ …

Processing 2 F:\DynDOLOD v2.90\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE_TexGen_noalpha_dragonbornesm.txt

[00:00:01.501] Processing 2 F:\DynDOLOD v2.90\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE_TexGen_noalpha_legacyofthedragonbornv5esm.txt

[00:00:01.518] textures\dbm resources\new museum\stainedglass01.dds not found!

[00:00:01.533] textures\dbm resources\new museum\stainedglass01.dds not found! Check the top of the log that all required *.BSA files are loaded. Make sure TexGen is started in the desired game mode. The current mode is: SSE Turn off MO 1.x archive management. BSAs need to be loaded the normal way via matching plugin names. Check that C:\Users\me\OneDrive\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\Skyrim.ini (MO users check ..\ModOrganizer\profiles\[profile name]\Skyrim.ini) is contains the correct entries for [Archive] sResourceArchiveList and sResourceArchiveList2. See ..Docs\DynDOLOD-README.txt for more.â€

I'm clueless.  Studied videos, read docs multiple times.   Videos never address any of this.  Never thought I was stupid.  Using only Wrye Bash, modded Morrowind, Oblivion, 100's mods, stable, yada.  Oblivion LOD generator - no problem.  But sseTexGen?  I'm lost.  What (probably obvious) am I missing?  Thank you all.

Edited by ElanaReloaded

The error is:

textures\dbm resources\new museum\stainedglass01.dds not found!

As can be deducted from the log messages and the path, this texture is expected to be included in the mod Legacy of the Dragonborn.

The log message says to check if all required *.BSA are loaded. Have you checked the log if all LegacyoftheDragonborn BSA are being loaded? If not, try with DynDOLOD 2.91.

The log message says to turn off MO 1.x archive management. It says nothing about MO 2.x as it does have that feature.

Edited by sheson

The error is:

textures\dbm resources\new museum\stainedglass01.dds not found!

As can be deducted from the log messages and the path, this texture is expected to be included in the mod Legacy of the Dragonborn.

The log message says to check if all required *.BSA are loaded. Have you checked the log if all LegacyoftheDragonborn BSA are being loaded? If not, try with DynDOLOD 2.91.

The log message says to turn off MO 1.x archive management. It says nothing about MO 2.x as it does have that feature.

Thank you very much.  New to MOx.  Just switched from Wrye as main mod manager.  Thank you for clarification -- I'm not fluent with MO 1 vs 2 -- as I have never used MO1.  I reinstalled LotD to fix missing texture  error -- to no avail.  Will do a web search to figure out where the "log message" is.  And I'll unpack LotD again to see how many / names - etc of BSA's included.  Thank you again.  :)

Edited by ElanaReloaded

My skyrim ini (in MO2) reads as follows.

" ...

[Archive]

sResourceArchiveList=Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Skyrim - Interface.bsa, Skyrim - Animations.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes0.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes1.bsa, Skyrim - Sounds.bsa

sResourceArchiveList2=Skyrim - Voices_en0.bsa, Skyrim - Textures0.bsa, Skyrim - Textures1.bsa, Skyrim - Textures2.bsa, Skyrim - Textures3.bsa, Skyrim - Textures4.bsa, Skyrim - Textures5.bsa, Skyrim - Textures6.bsa, Skyrim - Textures7.bsa, Skyrim - Textures8.bsa, Skyrim - Patch.bsa

bLoadArchiveInMemory=1

sArchiveToLoadInMemoryList=Skyrim - Animations.bsa

..."

Many of my other loaded mods have BSA's - and these 'other' BSAs are in the game - but not here in the SKyrim ini.   Makes no sense to me. 

Therefore I can't verify the LofD BSAs install status from the skyrim ini - as instructions say to do so. 

Have you tried with DynDOLOD 2.91 yet as suggested?

Post the entire message log if problem persists. The log is all the log messages that are printed to the main messages window as soon as the program starts. Logs are saved to the log folder when the program is closed.

Have you tried with DynDOLOD 2.91 yet as suggested?

Post the entire message log if problem persists. The log is all the log messages that are printed to the main messages window as soon as the program starts. Logs are saved to the log folder when the program is closed.

RESOLVED.  Thank you all for your kind comments.  Sherson - I commend you for the precise error reports your tools generate.  So many mods, have vague directions, referring to "this" or "that."  Yes.  Resolved.  LOD, tree LOD, yada, all done.  Beautiful.  Again - thank you all.  I followed the LOD generation part of Nolvus guide.  Perfect.  Same exact load order - and no missing windows reported.  Even have fake glow from settlements at night.  Your DynDOLOD - awesome tool.  THANK YOU! :) 

BTW - Still have square hole in ocean by Winterhold.  Never found a fix.  I do have an idea...

Hi Thane.  I've tried the various 'culling' fixes.  Invariably they have side effects I don't like - like missing squares on water / coast at shore.  My idea doesn't fix the square hole, it hides it.  What about a big bank of thick fog that covers the square hole?  Perhaps add a few other fog banks -- it is the Sea of Ghosts, after all. Be careful where you swim - very careful.

Edited by ElanaReloaded

Hi Thane.  I've tried the various 'culling' fixes.  Invariably they have side effects I don't like - like missing squares on water / coast at shore.  My idea doesn't fix the square hole, it hides it.  What about a big bank of thick fog that covers the square hole?  Perhaps add a few other fog banks -- it is the Sea of Ghosts, after all. Be careful where you swim - very careful.

The exact size and location of the holes with the broken vanilla occlusion data depends on LOD distance INI settings. Permanently and correctly fix the problem by either using xLODGen or DynDOLOD to update the broken vanilla occlusion data as explained in https://forum.step-project.com/topic/14250-skyrim-tvdt-occlusion-culling-data/ instead of covering it up or using archaic and performance intensive workarounds.

Edited by sheson

The exact size and location of the holes with the broken vanilla occlusion data depends on LOD distance INI settings. Permanently and correctly fix the problem by either using xLODGen or DynDOLOD to update the broken vanilla occlusion data as explained in https://forum.step-project.com/topic/14250-skyrim-tvdt-occlusion-culling-data/ instead of covering it up or using archaic and performance intensive workarounds.

Will check this out.  Obviously much has happened in the decade I've been away.  Thank you! 

One of those culling fixes was mine (Plocktons) and I'm telling you not to use it because it only fixes a few holes near Winterhold, like maybe 1% of the issue is repaired.  Instead, use the vastly superior Occlusion setup from Sheson, because it actually fixes 100% of the problem, and does it properly...

...unlike Bethesda 

One of those culling fixes was mine (Plocktons) and I'm telling you not to use it because it only fixes a few holes near Winterhold, like maybe 1% of the issue is repaired.  Instead, use the vastly superior Occlusion setup from Sheson, because it actually fixes 100% of the problem, and does it properly...

...unlike Bethesda 

I used your culling fix several weeks ago.  Made other holes in places.  Holes that stayed even when you entered the space.  Very happy you tried.  Was much work -- I sure.  But that experience (plus a comment = the culling data is in inaccessible portions of the game code).  So I figured - all these culling mods are like jousting with windmills.  This colored my (mistaken) view  that culling mods were destined to fail.  I'm very happy this new generation of mods actually work.  Kojak747, (AK Plocktons) I thank you for pointing me in right direction.  ;)

Edited by ElanaReloaded

On 2/5/2021 at 5:54 AM, ElanaReloaded said:

RESOLVED.  Thank you all for your kind comments.  Sherson - I commend you for the precise error reports your tools generate.  So many mods, have vague directions, referring to "this" or "that."  Yes.  Resolved.  LOD, tree LOD, yada, all done.  Beautiful.  Again - thank you all.  I followed the LOD generation part of Nolvus guide.  Perfect.  Same exact load order - and no missing windows reported.  Even have fake glow from settlements at night.  Your DynDOLOD - awesome tool.  THANK YOU! :)

BTW - Still have square hole in ocean by Winterhold.  Never found a fix.  I do have an idea...

HI! What exactly resolution is? Have similar problem. Thanks!

37 minutes ago, UnPublic said:

HI! What exactly resolution is? Have similar problem. Thanks!

https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum

https://dyndolod.info/FAQ#Rectangular-holes-in-LOD
Sometimes referred to as the culling glitch. Caused by vanilla pre-computed TVDT - Occlusion Data. Has nothing to do with the generated LOD itself. Update the TVDT - Occlusion Data.

https://dyndolod.info/Help/Occlusion-Data

5 hours ago, sheson said:

https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum

https://dyndolod.info/FAQ#Rectangular-holes-in-LOD
Sometimes referred to as the culling glitch. Caused by vanilla pre-computed TVDT - Occlusion Data. Has nothing to do with the generated LOD itself. Update the TVDT - Occlusion Data.

https://dyndolod.info/Help/Occlusion-Data

I meant resolution for missing texture. my DynDOLOD gave me a buch of errors, for example

File not found textures\dbm resources\new museum\hub\eng\armory_n.dds. Used by DBM_HUB_FORART_Patch.esp

I checked LOTD mod and HOF mod, unpack all .bsa from these mods, there is no such texture. How can i try to find/restore it? the author of the HOF patches somehow considered this texture to be exist when built his mod.