Real Shelter

JudgmentJay

Iirc isoku posted on the beth-forums that those plans were scrapped due to not working fully as intended.. someone correct me if my memory fails

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

This mod definitely increases realism, especially when paired with Frostfall. I would highly recommend disabling Papyrus Script logging while this mod is active tho as the script has a few bugs which are harmless but will spam your log until they eventually result in a CTD or freeze. I have talked to the mod author recently about the scripts, among other things, and she said that she's taking a break from working on the mod for a while :(. Perhaps I'll ask her if I can upload an optimized script for her mod to run.

It's stable (from what I've seen) it follows the same method Hearthome Cottage uses to keep it from raining indoors. It creates local weather systems to each building replacing the rain in the buildings cell with that of say a sunny day just without the lighting effects.

The mod's only instabilities stem from Papyrus Log bloat. The errors in the code should be relatively easy to fix, but even just turning off logging would mostly eliminate and problems it causes, except for the instances when entering/leaving shelter bugs out and changes the weather state. Again, this bug is fixable.

Again, the author is apparently suspending all work on the mod so an update may not come for a while. I'll be pretty busy with work this week but I'll try fiddling around with the scripts to see if I can get them to work as planned without the log spams and random forced weather bugs... If I can I'll PM them to RobinSage or upload them to the Nexus :)

Again' date=' the author is apparently suspending all work on the mod so an update may not come for a while. I'll be pretty busy with work this week but I'll try fiddling around with the scripts to see if I can get them to work as planned without the log spams and random forced weather bugs... If I can I'll PM them to RobinSage or upload them to the Nexus :)[/quote']

Good luck.

It's for a really stupid reason. Apparently, the author is a Moral Guardian and doesn't want his kids to be exposed to the adult mods on this site. Why he is still using the single worst site for Skyrim mods, I don't know, but I did suggest TES Alliance to him as a alternate site.

And yes, the single worst site is the official Steam Workshop. Why? Because while it works for games that allow you to download, install, and play (eg: Portal 2 and Civ V come to mind), it does not work for games that require specialized tools (BOSS, for one) in order to make mods work. Why Valve/Beth didn't think about the ES modding system further boggles me.