Jump to content

Recommended Posts

This is a new mod I just stumbled upon, by accident.  I haven't tried it yet, I just got my new monitor and I haven't finished modding my SSE yet.  I do not know about the impact performance on low end machines either.

I'm posting it here for people to try, and maybe, eventually, submit a STEP proposal to be included in the guide, if it's aesthetically pleasing and within the mandate of S.T.E.P., of course. 🙂

 

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/40255

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This looks like a better replacer ... vanilla gets snowberriy leaves right, and most replacers get them wrong (though they are prettier).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I prefer 3D Snowberries standard for the first screen set (the HD texture is way too bright for the lighting). For the second screen set, 3D Snowberries HD texute looks best. Would need to test in game more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, z929669 said:

I prefer 3D Snowberries standard for the first screen set (the HD texture is way too bright for the lighting). For the second screen set, 3D Snowberries HD texute looks best. Would need to test in game more.

I thought the same thing so I installed 3D Snowberries and played for a bit this afternoon. So far I  prefer this one over Vanilla or STEP. I'll install the 3D Snowberries HD Texture Option later and provide more complete thoughts on the comparisons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks ... after looking at the snowy versions in-game, 3D snowberries HD looks best, IMO.

Note that the MA fails to note that the 3D Snowberries original mod must be installed and loaded first for the mesh.

Where is a non-snowy location for these?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't remember seeing snowberries in non-snowy locations (other than small samples on tables and in vendor inventories). You can find a couple of plants on either side of the door at Driftshade Refuge. This is on a worn dirt path, but the snowberry bushes are against the building.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just finished walking around Dawnstar and I have to agree that 3D Snowberries HD Texture is the best choice. I do not know where TechAngel85 found the snowberry bush in that first set of screenshots, but the vanilla vs STEP screenshot shows a building in the background added by the STEP guide. That doesn't seem to be Helarchen Creek, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agree that 3D Snowberries HD is best, particularly since 99% of snowberries are snowy. The non-snowy ones in the screen posted are rare, so I will take the overly-bright textures as a tradeoff. It should be easy to correct by simply hiding the offending texture in the HD version. The standard version needs to be installed regardless for the meshes and all textures:

image.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/29/2021 at 8:23 PM, z929669 said:

Thanks ... after looking at the snowy versions in-game, 3D snowberries HD looks best, IMO.

Note that the MA fails to note that the 3D Snowberries original mod must be installed and loaded first for the mesh.

Where is a non-snowy location for these?

 

On 3/30/2021 at 7:46 PM, Greg said:

I just finished walking around Dawnstar and I have to agree that 3D Snowberries HD Texture is the best choice. I do not know where TechAngel85 found the snowberry bush in that first set of screenshots, but the vanilla vs STEP screenshot shows a building in the background added by the STEP guide. That doesn't seem to be Helarchen Creek, though.

On the road past Mixwater Mill, heading towards Windhelm.

...and on that note, I think I know the Skyrim geography far too well... :ermm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Similar Content

    • By TechAngel85
      Discussion topic:
      Enhanced Vanilla Trees SE by SomeRandomGuy83/TechAngel85
      Wiki Link
       
       
    • By TechAngel85
      Discussion topic:
      Dragonbone Mastery - Weapons Retexture by Nazenn
      Wiki Link
       
    • By jeof96
      Discussion topic:
      Scrambled Bugs by KernalsEgg
      Wiki Link
      This mod introduces engine bug fixes. Some are integrated in the current SE guide, but some aren't too. What I'm more interested at, is the 2nd enchantment effect bug fix. Also, the perk entry point bug where if you 2 apply-on-hit effects only 1 will work, this fixes it.
      It's against the guidelines to repeat the mod description, but please take a look at the mod page and check out the things it fixes.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.