German STEP Build

Tungdil2

I recently finished setting up STEP. I tried to do it all with german mod translations and for the time being, I am pretty happy with the result. Mainly the MCMs and some menus still seem to be in english.

Now for some mods, there didn't seem to be a german translation, so I figured, I would just provide it myself. One of these mods is the STEP CR Patch. Is it okay, if I upload it on the nexus (naturally I will credit and link the original)?

Maybe, if I played a little more and if I am content with the result, we could also create a userspace (or what do you call it?) on the wiki, so I could share the rest of my translations and the links for the already existing german translations.

The main problem I see is, that I can't be a 100% sure to always stay up to date with your updates, but I would try to.

Sorry for my bad english, unfortunately I got a job with no need to speak english anymore. :wacko:

Best regards

Okay, I finally found the time to Upload the thing. I have several other mods of the STEP list in the works, so I will come back to this thread after I published them as well.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/39574/

As it is my first mod on the nexus, please tell me if I've done something horribly wrong or if I forgot something. Please note, that I stated on my mod page that the original mods aren't needed as they only contain one esp-file. If that isn't true, please contact me and I will correct it.

Oh god no, it's just the CR-Patches at the moment. I am working on some other translations for mods in the guide, but I still need the ok from the authors.

On the other side, I have (mostly) finished setting up STEP in german, so I could provide a modlist for people that are interested. Some things still seem to be in english, but it is very sporadically.

Edited by Tungdil2

That would be nice.
I logged in, but I didn't find any other guide translations. If there really are guide translations for other languages, I think it should be easy to find for everyone on the front page. Could you provide some links or am I missing something obvious?

It would actually really help, if I could just copy your modlist and add the links for the already existing german translations to it. On your Guide page, you have the "Page Tools -> View Source" panel, but the modlist in the source seems to be empty.

Another option would be to expand the original modpage or the "Detailed instructions available"-pages, but I guess you wouldn't want to add responsibilities for an additional list of mods to be up to date.

For the time being, all the mods I've translated so far:

STEP SE CR Patch STEP SE - Skyrim Total Enhancement Project SE - Deutsch
Skyrim SE Improved Puddles-Deutsch
Disease Descriptions for the Immersive Adventurer SE-Deutsch

I've already translated a few more, but the original authors didn't yet reply on my permission request....

Edited by Tungdil2

Our wiki is powered by Semantic, which means that all mod tables are inserted into the guide as templates pointing to our mod pages and a number of other things. The only way to reproduce it in German would be to create duplicates of a great many pages in German and assemble it all independently.

Users can always use Google translate though. Mods themselves are obviously a different story.