MO2 not launching SKSE w/ mods enabled

Liraeli

Question

I've deleted all my MO2 logs, booted MO2 and copied them, but I'm not familiar with MO2, so I don't know what the issue could be. My issue sounds very similar this issue posted to the forum;

Hi, I haven't been able to get MO2 to load Skyrim SE using the SKSE loader. Both Skyrim and the loader work fine when used outside MO2 but when I try to open them inside the program it seems to think about it but doesn't start running them. There doesn't seem to be any error messages that I can see.

Any ideas about what could be causing this or what I could do to fix it?

https://forum.step-project.com/topic/14001-mo2-wont-load-skse/

Hopefully the issue isn't huge. Here's my usvfs file from the MO2 logs if that helps;

https://pastebin.com/ejz40W65

Thanks anyway :)

Okay, found enough time to play around 4 hours of SKSE on the default INI file, no crashes at all, again, seems to run pretty well through MO2, basically as if I were running SSE normally unmodded. Like before, I did test the game, did my saves, fast travelling, messing with physics bodies, ect, but nothing, not even frame loss

OKAY i found the issue, and to be honest, totally my fault. One of the mods on the Step list, Dragons Shout with Voice, had a patch that made sure the sound came from the correct space, so it didn't sound like the dragon was right next to you. This patch was using type 43 something, while SSE uses type 44. This was such a small error that I hadn't even considered it was an issue, but first thing I tried was uninstalling that mod... And it launched. Thank god for that :)