City Entrances Overhaul - Markarth

Fixer040

Question

I am having some issues with DynDOLOD when using the mod City Entrances Overhaul - Markarth. I've been working on a modified version of it which tries to fix all of the bugs and incompatibilites plaguing the original version (as per the author's permission, since he said that he will not do any additional fixes). I have had literally 0 modding experience before that so there is definitely a chance that I'm messing something up, but everything seems to work nicely from up close, however as soon as I move far away, enough for the LOD to kick in, I get some really weird issues.
The first issue is that some sections of the entrance wall are just entirely missing.
gkuD7a6.png
I tried to read the documentation for DynDOLOD and I would just like to ask here to make sure that I understand what needs to be done to fix this correctly. That being, I believe I should add individual mesh rules for either every instance of the static objects that are missing, or better yet just for the objects actually used within my .esp using their ref id? The problematic objects seem to be MrkFrontWALLintBldg02a, MrkBlockA01 and MrkBlockB01, though there will probably end up being a few others that I've missed. So, will adding a mesh rule that sets the LOD 4 option to Static LOD 4 be enough to get rid of this issue?
The other issue is that even the parts that actually show the LOD seem very different to the actual full model that loads in when you get closer, resulting in a very noticeable pop-in. Some of the textures just seem way too dark compared to the original. For reference, this is what it looks like up close:
mvnnait.png
I suppose this may as well just be that there are some objects that are supposed to be in front of the visible walls, but there is no LOD of them due to issue #1? Otherwise, I suppose I could get around this issue by setting the LOD4 to use the full model (though that will most likely not be performance friendly)?

3 answers to this question

Yes, adding mesh rules that define to use the full model for LOD in case an object LOD model does not exist should work in this case. See DynDOLOD_Mod_Authors.html for more.

It seems you are using a mod that updates pre-rendered object LOD textures, like HD LODs for example. If they don't match your full textures well, try generating LOD without that mod so the vanilla object LOD textures are used.

Yes, I am using the HD LODs mod, though only the DynDOLOD version of it which if I remember correctly says that it only contains LODs that DynDOLOD has trouble with for whatever reason. Could this version of the mod still cause such an issue?

Yes, I am using the HD LODs mod, though only the DynDOLOD version of it which if I remember correctly says that it only contains LODs that DynDOLOD has trouble with for whatever reason. Could this version of the mod still cause such an issue?

It is most likely the one replacing the vanilla LOD textures. AFAIK it is supposed to be used with Noble Skyrim.