Change house purchase price using SSEEdit

aristotle

Question

I want to change the purchase price of a house using SSEEdit.  No response from mod author, probably can't be bothered.  I understand.  But, it's a bit of project for me.  I've slowly taught myself how to fix mods, make basic changes to patch them.  It should be relatively simple.  I've found two entries in SSEEdit.  First, under "Message", there is 00ForSaleMessageMain, where the text entry reads that the house is for sale for 20,000 septims, asking if I wish to buy it.  I can change this to 50,000 easily enough.  But, I'm sure that's not enough.  Next, under "Activator", there is 00ForSaleSign01, which shows a House for Sale sign with FormID ACTI:05180F5A.  It would be simple if this entry also listed an amount, but no such luck.  It must be in here somewhere, but I'm at a loss.  I've also scrolled though "Worldspace", but couldn't find anything.  Any ideas?  I kind of think it must be the "Activator" record, but why does it not list an amount?  Or maybe I have to use the Creation Kit?  Any help is most appreciated.

EDIT:  I'm trying to figure this out myself, I'm really trying.  I extracted the BSA and there was a Scripts folder.

The only useful script was _001_scrpt_forsale_basic.pex

I used Champollion to decompile the PEX to a PSC file and then read it using Notepad++.

Unfortunately, no amount appeared, but there is some useful information.

It basically says if Available Cash < Cost, then show the No Sale message.  Otherwise, the sale proceeds.

I wonder where and what instruction defines Cost as 20000 septims.  That amount does not appear in the script.

I wonder if I can just replace the instruction as "if Available Cash < 50000, then show the No Sale message".

Then recompile the script into a PEX file.

EDIT #2:  OK, I've fixed it myself.  A good learning experience.  It has nothing to do with scripts, because scripts don't contain data.  They use "properties" to reference data that is stored elsewhere, most likely in the ESP.  Only two records needed to be changed using SSEEdit:  one item under the heading "Message" and one under the heading "Worldspace".  There were a huge number of entries under "Worldspace", and so it involved some digging around.

Edited by aristotle

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet