SSE-Terrain-Tamriel.esm question

sirtechfan

Is there a specific reason this guide has us place it in/remove it from the Overwrite folder instead of creating an empty mod for it that we could activate/deactivate whenever we need to re-run SSELODGen? Both methods seem to achieve the same thing, which is to create a plugin to activate before generating the terrain LOD, but the empty mod option seems easier to manage long term. Am I misunderstanding something?

Is there a specific reason this guide has us place it in/remove it from the Overwrite folder instead of creating an empty mod for it that we could activate/deactivate whenever we need to re-run SSELODGen? Both methods seem to achieve the same thing, which is to create a plugin to activate before generating the terrain LOD, but the empty mod option seems easier to manage long term. Am I misunderstanding something?

Well, my understanding would be that most users install the guide and play. Not be re-generating LODs all the time, like I would for testing.  ^_^ 

I can certainly update the instructions to make it a mod instead of just tossing in temporarily.

Well, my understanding would be that most users install the guide and play. Not be re-generating LODs all the time, like I would for testing.  ^_^ 

I can certainly update the instructions to make it a mod instead of just tossing in temporarily.

Hehe, play the game? R you nuts? :)

True enough. I don't expect to do it a lot, but if I decide to add/remove an exterior object at some point I assume I'll need to rerun them, so checking/un-checking it like the other LOD mods seems easier to me than remembering to add it/remove it from the overwrite folder. My question was more about if there was a specific reason to do it this way for this guide or if the empty mod method would work (based on your answer, I think it does).

Thanks again for the response!

True enough. I don't expect to do it a lot, but if I decide to add/remove an exterior object at some point I assume I'll need to rerun them, so checking/un-checking it like the other LOD mods seems easier to me than remembering to add it/remove it from the overwrite folder. My question was more about if there was a specific reason to do it this way for this guide or if the empty mod method would work (based on your answer, I think it does).

Thanks again for the response!

Yeah, you can make it a mod. Actually leaving it active won't hurt anything either.