Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
TechAngel85

Luminosity Lighting Overhaul (by JonnyWang)

Recommended Posts

It's finding 2 ITM records on latest version for the dev guide. Clean as normal, or will it be updated?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a big change, but we have approval of > 2 admin and several users to swap this mod out for Ambiance (follow link for details).

Marked as dropped as of 2.1.0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

This mod has one small problem, which is the latest version (after 3) has reverse eye adaptation. This means that your "pupils" dilate when you're looking at bright stuff, instead of constricting. It doesn't make sense and is kind of jarring. You might want to include a change to this in the weather & lighting patch. I'm not sure how it implements it.

Edited by CorpCord

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, CorpCord said:

This mod has one small problem, which is the latest version (after 3) has reverse eye adaptation. This means that your "pupils" dilate when you're looking at bright stuff, instead of constricting. It doesn't make sense and is kind of jarring. You might want to include a change to this in the weather & lighting patch. I'm not sure how it implements it.

This mod is being changed out for Ambiance in the upcoming release so that should, or hopefully, will resolve that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, TechAngel85 said:

This mod is being changed out for Ambiance in the upcoming release so that should, or hopefully, will resolve that.

Hoo boy, are you absolutely sure? Ambiance makes stuff look so dark it's dismal. Taverns feel like dungeons and in dungeons it's harder to appreciate the art design and, ironically, the ambience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, CorpCord said:

Hoo boy, are you absolutely sure? Ambiance makes stuff look so dark it's dismal. Taverns feel like dungeons and in dungeons it's harder to appreciate the art design and, ironically, the ambience.

Yes. We've already tested it and everything. It's actually much closer to vanilla lighting. I can confirm that some interiors will be darker compared to Luminosity. The big positive is that it restores the AI detection for sneaking to correct levels. Sneaking can actually be broken in some interiors with Luminosity because it's too bright (East Empire Company Warehouse has been reported a few times). We do make some adjustments so that it's not so harsh, but it will be darker. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.