STEP Skyrim SE Guide v0.3.0b - Official Bug Reports

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, feel free to move it to wherever it belongs. 

A particular issue that has always bothered me has been the candlelight spell. I find the glow very annoying(way too bright) and it also gives you a psuedo night vision. Everything viewed through the glow of the candlelight spell is lit up, essentially making it an annoying night vision spell.

I made two gifs, one at Jorrvaskr at night and another just outisde Whiterun with the Dark Cloudy Night weather. You can see them here.

I found this small oldrim mod that removes the glow altogether. I've not had many hours playing with it yet because I'm still tweaking my modlist but it does what it says on the tin. There's no more annoying glow and the night vision is gone, the floating orb only illuminating your surroundings.

Assuming there's no issues with it that I haven't encountered yet, it might make for a better mod than the 1st person candlelight fix, which just makes things worse.

I felt I should mention this in case it wasn't just me that gets triggered by it  ::P:

EDIT: I should mention I don't use an ENB.

Edited by Chadric

I dont know if this is a bug or if i just dont understand or doing something wrong...

In the "Terrain LOD Wrap up" section it say that the output will be in XLODGen tools folder but my files seem to end up in MO2 overwrite folder?

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, feel free to move it to wherever it belongs. 

A particular issue that has always bothered me has been the candlelight spell. I find the glow very annoying(way too bright) and it also gives you a psuedo night vision. Everything viewed through the glow of the candlelight spell is lit up, essentially making it an annoying night vision spell.

I made two gifs, one at Jorrvaskr at night and another just outisde Whiterun with the Dark Cloudy Night weather. You can see them here.

I found this small oldrim mod that removes the glow altogether. I've not had many hours playing with it yet because I'm still tweaking my modlist but it does what it says on the tin. There's no more annoying glow and the night vision is gone, the floating orb only illuminating your surroundings.

Assuming there's no issues with it that I haven't encountered yet, it might make for a better mod than the 1st person candlelight fix, which just makes things worse.

I felt I should mention this in case it wasn't just me that gets triggered by it  ::P:

EDIT: I should mention I don't use an ENB.

I bet they are just removing the gradient/glow from the mesh, just is likely causing a filter to brighten things up. I'll take a look.

I dont know if this is a bug or if i just dont understand or doing something wrong...

In the "Terrain LOD Wrap up" section it say that the output will be in XLODGen tools folder but my files seem to end up in MO2 overwrite folder?

You should have set an output path during setup. It got updated, so check out the Tool section again. 

Overall this new version gave me a nice boost in FPS and performance, thanks to the changes to the LOD guide and Luminosity Lighting Overhaul instead of ELE.

As for the bugs I ran into, I had to install Modern Brawl Bug Fix and Majestic Mountains - Pilgrims Delight Patch, mod's names speak for themselves.

(The pilgrim thing was also a bug in the previous version)

LOOT also tells me to use compatibility patch for Book Covers and Not So Fast - Main Quest / The Choice Is Yours but I'm assuming this is covered by the STEP CRP since these are core STEP mods.

That's pretty much it for my experience so far with this new version, I'll just add one last thing which is more an impression than a bug, AI Overhaul SSE feels a bit weird, it may be because I've been using Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul SE for a long time.

Thank you for all your hard work!

Edited by Rovenzard

Overall this new version gave me a nice boost in FPS and performance, thanks to the changes to the LOD guide and Luminosity Lighting Overhaul instead of ELE.

Thanks! The feedback of switching from ELE to Luminosity has been nothing but positive so far.

As for the bugs I ran into, I had to install Modern Brawl Bug Fix and Majestic Mountains - Pilgrims Delight Patch, mod's names speak for themselves.

(The pilgrim thing was also a bug in the previous version)

Thanks. I forgot about Modern Brawl Bug Fix. It was included in EBT, but since we switched versions, that's no longer the case. I've got it added back to the Guide. As for the MM and Pilgrims Delight patch, that is already included in the CR Patch...though I thought I remembered someone saying it wasn't necessary with the new version so...

Yes, I checked with the edits removed and there doesn't appear to be any issues without the patch on the new version of MM. The next version of the CR Patch will have this patch removed.

LOOT also tells me to use compatibility patch for Book Covers and Not So Fast - Main Quest / The Choice Is Yours but I'm assuming this is covered by the STEP CRP since these are core STEP mods.

Correct.

That's pretty much it for my experience so far with this new version, I'll just add one last thing which is more an impression than a bug, AI Overhaul SSE feels a bit weird, it may be because I've been using Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul SE for a long time.

Thank you for all your hard work!

Weird in that the NPCs are doing different stuff than they did in ICAIO?

Yes, I had strange behaviors happening, like some NPCs being out there at night and in the rain doing their daily stuff where it obviously makes no sense.

A good exemple I have in mind is witnessing Mila Valentia at 2PM dancing all alone next her mother's vending place.

I've also had a guard being unhappy with me and asking me not to drop weapon right after simply using the grinding stone.

Lastly, while having a rescue mission in my journal, I saw the NPC I was supposed to rescue, respawning at his house and leaving on foot to join the bandit camp where he was supposed to be captive.

I think I've had this one happen a long time ago, before I even started using STEP to mod my game.

I can't be sure it's AI Overhaul acting up or simply bad luck on my end with scripts breaking up for whatever reason but I never had that happen with ICAIO.

Anyway, hope all that feedback helps!

A good exemple I have in mind is witnessing Mila Valentia at 2PM dancing all alone next her mother's vending place.

I meant 2AM here, my bad.

A quick word about the pilgrim bug, with or without the patch the first tablet is still out of place.

Screen-Shot31.png

Edited by Rovenzard

I meant 2AM here, my bad.

A quick word about the pilgrim bug, with or without the patch the first tablet is still out of place.

Screen-Shot31.png

That's probably because without the patch, the edit is still present in the STEP CR Patch. I popped into a new game and the tablet is fine with the patch removed and the edit removed from the CR Patch:

STEP-SE24.png

That's probably because without the patch, the edit is still present in the STEP CR Patch. I popped into a new game and the tablet is fine with the patch removed and the edit removed from the CR Patch:

STEP-SE24.png

Thanks! I can confirm the tablet is back where it should be after removing the edit from the STEP CRP.

When my character has a sword and shield equipped, the sheathing/unsheathing animation has them reach behind their back with their left arm (shield arm). Also, sometimes when using a mace or axe, the character will sheath/unsheathe as if they were using a sword. I've tracked this to XPMSSE, and I reinstalled the mod and made sure to follow the settings in the guide and ran FNIS again, but it wasn't fixed.

When my character has a sword and shield equipped, the sheathing/unsheathing animation has them reach behind their back with their left arm (shield arm). Also, sometimes when using a mace or axe, the character will sheath/unsheathe as if they were using a sword. I've tracked this to XPMSSE, and I reinstalled the mod and made sure to follow the settings in the guide and ran FNIS again, but it wasn't fixed.

If you installed Ecotone Dual Sheath with shields on back option this could happen regardless of XPMSSE settings.

NPCs are either assigned specific outfits or will use an outfit from a list.

I know. But fun thing is that after 772 hours in Skyrim SE i have never seen a hunter in anything but hunter dress. Was thinkin it had to do with "Weapons Armor and Clutter Extensions"? Looks wierd.

Is there a way in xEdit or CK to find out how that specific garment is treated in leveled list (i asume it is the leveled list that adds it to the npc)?