STEP Skyrim SE Guide v0.3.0b - Official Bug Reports

I agree, so added some explanation ... it was missing from the 2D LOD section though, so I added it there. I'm pretty sure this should be done in 2D and that the difference is that billboards are used for LOD4 trees (rather than full model object) ... someone correct me if I'm wrong on this one. I always gen 3D trees.

I'm also right there at the tree generation.

Now it says:

Generate tree LOD (this should be greyed out as 'N/A', due to TreeLOD=0 DynDOLOD.ini setting)

Create texture atlas

Generate tree LOD

so it's written twice. Btw i don't get the explenation. I should ensure that it's ticked but can't because it's geyed out? Just let it out if it shouldn't be ticked. I'm a bit confused :confusion:

Another small mistake is under First Lunch:

"Don't load a from a save"

the first a can be left out. Seems like there where 2 versions of a sentence mixed up.

Edited by Simondererste

I'm also right there at the tree generation.

Now it says:

Generate tree LOD (this should be greyed out as 'N/A', due to TreeLOD=0 DynDOLOD.ini setting)

Create texture atlas

Generate tree LOD

so it's written twice. Btw i don't get the explenation. I should ensure that it's ticked but can't because it's geyed out? Just let it out if it shouldn't be ticked. I'm a bit confused :confusion:

I think I fixed this a bit better

Another small mistake is under First Lunch:

"Don't load a from a save"

the first a can be left out. Seems like there where 2 versions of a sentence mixed up.

I don't see a problem here. Try reading it again? EDIT: I made a small change anyway.

"Don't load a from a save when first launching after a fresh Guide installation but rather Start a new game!"

Don't load a what from a save?

It's either:

Don't load from a save when first launching ...

or

Don't load a save when first launching ... (this might not be correct this way but might be formed into a proper sentence)

I already read it more then once :cry:  :;):

Edited by Simondererste

Don't load [the game] from a save when first launching [the game] after a fresh guide installation ...

"the game" is understood, IMO.

EDIT ... I just now noticed the extra 'a' before 'game', so that was what threw you off. I read it a few times and missed that typo (the brain skims over small bits of nonsense, I guess ... especially when a native English speaker knows what to expect) Corrected.

I haven't seen this posted so I'm guessing it's a first.

My character and seemingly all npcs that are outside have become "snowy" despite being in whiterun with no blizzard or any weather at all. When I go inside, there aren't any issues, but as soon as I go back outside it's there immediately.

I've of course quit the game and reloaded both inside and outside with no differences. This started happening as I was running to Whiterun on a mostly new character. I'm not exactly the most experienced with this stuff. Any thoughts?

My character and seemingly all npcs that are outside have become "snowy" despite being in whiterun with no blizzard or any weather at all. When I go inside, there aren't any issues, but as soon as I go back outside it's there immediately.

I've of course quit the game and reloaded both inside and outside with no differences. This started happening as I was running to Whiterun on a mostly new character. I'm not exactly the most experienced with this stuff. Any thoughts?

From my recollection, this problem is due to a bug in Cathedral Weather where the snow effect is misapplied to a couple of non-snowy weathers.

This sounds like it could be an issue with Get Snowy. It could be out of sync with Cathedral Weathers. Try disabling Get Snowy to see if the issue disappears. Check your load order and confirm that you are running STEP with CR and L&W Patches and all relevant mods with no additions.

Yeah, @federation25 is correct. There is at least one weather in CWS that has the snow flag, but no chance of snow. This will cause mods like Get Snowy, W&C, RASS, etc. to produce their shader effects when they shouldn't. It's easily fixed via a patch. I simply haven't done so to try to avoid CWS being a requirement of the L&W Patch.

• 3 weeks later...

having some issues with "get snowy"

if you fast travel from a snowy area (windhelm, winterhold) and you are covered in snow, fast travelling to a sunny area (markarth, whiterun) you will still be covered in snow, as well as your horse, and any npcs in your immediate area.

deactivating the mod for now.