STEP Skyrim SE Guide v0.3.0b - Official Bug Reports

Fantastic! I've been holding off on starting a new play through ever since I read that a new update was imminent :D

I'm not done updating to this version yet but I noticed one inconsistency, not sure if it counts as a "Bug" exactly.

The changelog mentions that "Snowy Roads for Snowy Regions" was added under "Fixes", but it's not listed in the actual guide (unless I'm blind).

Was this addon meant to be included ? 

Fantastic! I've been holding off on starting a new play through ever since I read that a new update was imminent :D

I'm not done updating to this version yet but I noticed one inconsistency, not sure if it counts as a "Bug" exactly.

The changelog mentions that "Snowy Roads for Snowy Regions" was added under "Fixes", but it's not listed in the actual guide (unless I'm blind).

Was this addon meant to be included ? 

No, it was going to be until I got JonnyWang to include it in the next Cathedral Landscapes update. Because of that, I decided to not add it and just wait for the update. I've removed it from the log.

The instructions for Useless Patches Collection will yield several .esp missing masters since ELE was removed.

Also, the link to the Useless Patches Collection nexus page is broken.

Yes. This was from before ELE was removed. I've corrected the instructions and updated the links.

Two more super minor things.

I ended up with two GIST+Rustic Soulgems patches when updating. I think this is because moving from 0.2.0b to 0.3.0b the patch was moved from the GIST instruction to the Rustic Soulgems instruction. Will only affect those of us updating to 0.3.0b and LOOT makes it very clear that there are duplicate patches but I figure I should mention it.

Lastly, on the Step SE CR Patch page, the default bump wait distances are actually (75/125) and not (75/150). 

Edited by Chadric
  • +1 1

Some things I noticed while updating:

The release date (at the top of the guide) hasn't been updated.

---

I ended up with two GIST+Rustic Soulgems patches when updating. I think this is because moving from 0.2.0b to 0.3.0b the patch was moved from the GIST instruction to the Rustic Soulgems instruction. Will only affect those of us updating to 0.3.0b and LOOT makes it very clear that there are duplicate patches but I figure I should mention it.

I saw this too. Looks like the changes to GIST's install instructions are missing from the changelog.

---

'Not So Fast - Main Quest' is missing the green bar indicator to show it is required for the STEP Patch.

---

From the xLODGen and Occlusion instructions:

click the red X to close xLODGen.

Took me a minute to realize this probably just meant closing out of the program. I was waiting for a red X button to appear somewhere within the program before I remembered that in some windows themes the close window X is red.

---

Edit: I also saw that the author of Lanterns of Skyrim II has warned users to not clean the mod. Is there a list of which mods in the guide should and shouldn't be cleaned with xEdit?

Edited by SaintBourbon

Some things I noticed while updating:

The release date (at the top of the guide) hasn't been updated.

---

I saw this too. Looks like the changes to GIST's install instructions are missing from the changelog.

---

'Not So Fast - Main Quest' is missing the green bar indicator to show it is required for the STEP Patch.

---

From the xLODGen and Occlusion instructions:

click the red X to close xLODGen.

Took me a minute to realize this probably just meant closing out of the program. I was waiting for a red X button to appear somewhere within the program before I remembered that in some windows themes the close window X is red.

---

Edit: I also saw that the author of Lanterns of Skyrim II has warned users to not clean the mod. Is there a list of which mods in the guide should and shouldn't be cleaned with xEdit?

Thanks! I took care of all that.

There isn't any list anywhere. General advice is it to clean whatever LOOT says. I'll make a decision on LoSII. I'm not sure I want to keep it in or not...it's a fair deviation from vanilla and a patch is needed for the light colors. I haven't fully patched LosII yet because I'm still undecided on it.

Two more super minor things.

Lastly, on the Step SE CR Patch page, the default bump wait distances are actually (75/125) and not (75/150). 

Thanks! These are corrected.

XP32 Maximum Skeleton Special Extended comes with a 'SOSRaceMenu.esp' that keeps throwing off a Form 43 plugin error in Mod Organizer. Is it safe to make that an optional ESP or should I ignore the error since SOS is not used?

Edited by Tykune

XP32 Maximum Skeleton Special Extended comes with a 'SOSRaceMenu.esp' that keeps throwing off a Form 43 plugin error in Mod Organizer. Is it safe to make that an optional ESP or should I ignore the error since SOS is not used?

I just downloaded that mod and I don't get any error and I don't have that .esp. Are you sure you selected "none" for SOS in the FOMOD? SOS is the default choice so you might have missed un-selecting it by mistake (easy to do). I'd reinstall it just to be certain.

I just downloaded that mod and I don't get any error and I don't have that .esp. Are you sure you selected "none" for SOS in the FOMOD? SOS is the default choice so you might have missed un-selecting it by mistake (easy to do). I'd reinstall it just to be certain

Yep, that seems to be the case. I probably blasted through the mod installation assuming all of them would default onto none, but it seems the SOS was the only one that wasnt.. oddly. Not sure why, but that resolved my issue. Thanks

Minor item. The Detailed instructions available for DynDOLOD Resources SE need to be updated. 3D Plume is no longer an option in the FOMOD. Not sure if this has any further impact on the guide or the game, but I'll let you know if it does once I get there.

It's will there, the name just was a 100% match. I've updated the mod page to so it matches.

It's will there, the name just was a 100% match. I've updated the mod page to so it matches.

Yeah, it would help if I read the entire name instead of just stopping when it didn't start with 3D plume.  :unsure:  Thanks for the update anyway.

Another minor issue. In Step 5, under Instructions for TexGen, #4 states "Once the completed message has appeared, click Save & Exit." The only options I'm presented with are Exit, Check log, or Restart. I assume the right choice is Exit and the choices got changed somewhere along the way.

Yeah, it would help if I read the entire name instead of just stopping when it didn't start with 3D plume.  :unsure:  Thanks for the update anyway.

Wow...I am surprised you were able to decipher that reply. haha!  :clap:

Another minor issue. In Step 5, under Instructions for TexGen, #4 states "Once the completed message has appeared, click Save & Exit." The only options I'm presented with are Exit, Check log, or Restart. I assume the right choice is Exit and the choices got changed somewhere along the way.

Just Exit then. Same program running in the background but different wording on the prompts...programmers.  :turned: