SkyrimSE.exe+1353771 Crashes whenever i Load something or save

Atoro10

Question

Like the title says my game loads in just fine to where i was and i can run around no matter if it's insider or outside. But when i try to leave or interacte with somethign it crashes after the loading screen and i can't even save anymore because it crashes before the save is complete.

The game worked perfectly untill two days ago when it just crashed when i tried entering old hroldan inn. i uses coc to get in and it worked and later just walked out and it didn't crash. I went on adventuring until sunderstone gorge where it crashed again and now when i reload before old hroldan it crashes whenever i save. i don't know what is happening but i know that it's definetly dyndolod but it's weird since dyndolod have been pretty f**king stable so far.

Is this supposed to be some meaningful report or help request?

No information. No question. No effort. 

What did you do to troubleshoot?

How do you know the issue is caused by the LOD mod generated by DynDOLOD?

What game?

What is the load order, INIs etc.?

FAQ: Game: ILS or CTD

A: If there are problems saving in Skyrim Special Edition, install SSE Engine Fixes 4.8 or newer and set SaveGameMaxSize = true in the EngineFixes.ini. Alternatively add/set [saveGame] uiCompression=1 in Skyrim.INI to change from the default 2 for LZ4 to 1 for zlib compression. 0 means no compression like games are saved in Skyrim.
Edited by sheson

I'm really sorry that i came of as ruse that was not my intention. love your work and the support you give, this crash i've been getting have sent me across all manners of forums for a fix until i started a different approach in finding the issue rather than fixing it after arthmoor said that .Netframework is not reliable. 

This is a help request and i get a CTD, i tried the fix you proposed but it did not work. It's not only saving that's impossible but also leaving or entering a cell or exterior(worldspace?).

The game is Skyrim Special Edition and my load order is here: https://modwat.ch/u/Atoro10/plugins

Skyrim.ini: https://pastebin.com/Sz3sqYDD

Skyrimprefs.ini: https://pastebin.com/ZexRMr5T

Someone on Skyrimmods Told me to run all plugins at once through the creation kit to find any error's in the individual cells which came up with nothing.

At first i thought the problem was Interesting NPCs since this form of crash first happened after a while when i had downloaded it last, then it got resolved and i don't really know how. Turned out it's not 3DNPCs but Dyndolod or something in it that's causing it so far as i know, not blaming fantastic mod, and now i'm here.

It seems there are several issues with the load order and I am still not sure what testing you did that makes you believe why all or some of the issues have to do with the LOD mod?

FAQ: Game: ILS or CTD

A: More LOD uses more memory and this can cause infinite loading screen (ILS) or crash to desktop (CTD) if the game is not setup correctly. This should generally not be a problem with Skyrim Special Edition or Skyrim VR, but for Skyrim double check heap memory usage (block 1) with Memory Blocks Log from https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/50471/ and adjust SKSE or SSME memory settings. Or use the alternative OSAllocator from crash fixes with pre-loader. Remove satefy-load if it is used. Setup ENBoost correctly. Set ExpandSystemMemoryX64=false in enblocal.ini. 

A: Do not use the experimental TreeFullFallBack setting without understanding what it does and what it is for. 

A: If heap memory is not the cause of CTD see ..DynDOLOD\Docs\DynDOLOD-README.txt for checking if a missing or invalid nif model used for dynamic LOD is the cause.

A: Large load orders with many plugins might surpass the reference handle cap. SSE Engine fixes prints a warning. See https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/ag4wm7/psa_the_reference_handle_cap_or_diagnosing_one_of/ Setting Temporary=1 in ..DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_[GameMode].ini may help in these situations, however converting large new land plugins to ESM is the preferred solution. 

A: If there are problems saving in Skyrim Special Edition, install SSE Engine Fixes 4.8 or newer and set SaveGameMaxSize = true in the EngineFixes.ini. Alternatively add/set [saveGame] uiCompression=1 in Skyrim.INI to change from the default 2 for LZ4 to 1 for zlib compression. 0 means no compression like games are saved in Skyrim.

Follow the instructions in the DynDOLOD readme.

Post the crash log from .NetFramework.

I'm sorry for all the short responses but to summarise i've not hit the reference cap. The last thing that comes up in papyrus.0 is:

[04/25/2020 - 07:44:23PM] [sHESON_DynDOLOD_LODObject < (CA02DD2E)>] [sHESON_DynDOLOD_Firstborn < (CA02B1C4)>] Enable #2 [Form < (11041D31)>] using dyndolod\lod\effects\fxrapidsrocks01_dyndolod_lod.nif TRUE False TRUE

I don't know what the "TRUE false TRUE" means but none of the form ideas could be found when searching on SSEEdit

You posted the .NetFramework crash log without saying what you did at the time of the crash. Is that loading or saving a game?

What makes say that this has anything to do with the LOD mod generated by DynDOLOD? What troubleshooting did was done.

>Also the game seems to be working if i load up earlier saves. but after a certain point it dosen't work.

What does "after a certain point" mean? You load a working save and then what? It crashes when doing what? Post the crash log.

Start a new test game by opening console in the main menu and type coc whiterun. Wait for things to initialize. open console type tmm 1 to enable map markers. Travel to a couple corners of the map. Enter a dungeon. Save it. Upload that Papyrus log.

Then load the save. That is all working?

Edited by sheson

The reason why think/thought the cause was dyndolod is because for some saves loading up is possible but then loading something or saving becomes impossible. this has happened 2 times before, each solved by loading earlier saves, losing hours of progress. however those saves that seem corrupted, for lack of a better word, can function again if i deactivate dyndolod. a working save functions like a regular save.

Heres the papyrus log for what you described me to do: https://pastebin.com/yn3CfFVj The game worked perfectly as far as i noticed.

That previous .net framework is for saving.

The crash log shows that crash happens while it is trying to LZ4 compress data (for the unofficial patch). This might be the problem SSE Engine Fixes tries to fix. It is possible that the bigger buffer of 128 is too small again.

Did you try the other solution that the DynDOLOD FAQ answer suggests? Alternatively add/set [saveGame] uiCompression=1 in Skyrim.INI to change from the default 2 for LZ4 to 1 for zlib compression. 0 means no compression like games are saved in Skyrim.

If the problem still happens after removing all other plugins then that might be a hint there is data specifically in the DynDOLOD plugins (which are build by also copying data from all other plugins) causing this. Typically any such problems are easily reproducible and happen with new or old game alike.

Comparing the latest papyrus log to the others makes me wonder if you maybe did update DynDOLOD at some point and the save was not cleaned.

Load a working save. Load it without DynDOLOD. Go to an interior. Save. Clean orphaned DynDOLOD scripts from that save. Then load that save and check what happens then.

Edited by sheson

Post the crash log for both alternative uiCompression values 1 and 0.

To clean a save do exactly what I wrote:

Load a working save. Load it without DynDOLOD. Go to an interior. Save. Clean orphaned DynDOLOD scripts from that save. Then load that save.

Use https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/5031 to clean unattached instances (orphaned scripts) and undefined elements. There is a video on the mod page.

Edited by sheson

Good, that is what I was expecting initially after seeing the .NetFramework crash log which clearly pointed out LZ4 compression.

As the FAQ answer explains, a value of 1 means to use zlib compression - a compression different algorithm that does not suffer from the buffer size bug. 0 means no compression like games are saved in Skyrim.

All that should be different will be save files size and the time it takes to save/load.