White Mountain Bug after LOD Generation

MrManMain

Question

DynDOLOD and SSELODGen have been working fine thus far (SSELODGen for terrain LOD, TexGen for textures, DynDOLOD for the rest minus occlusion culling in which I went back to SSELODGen again) together and has fixed some glaring LOD issues such as Frostglow Lighthouse being hidden but the top part.

For some reason now though, after having regenerated my LOD with both due to changing my load order, I keep getting this bug which I don't know how to fix on my end.

It's, like, the mountains have these completely white parts to them now and I don't understand why that is the case. It's only like this from afar but getting close to them and they are suddenly fine so it might be an LOD issue, I think.

https://imgur.com/a/U8pvv01

This is what it looks like.

Edit: I use Majestic Mountains for my mountains and all of the patches that I need for other mods, including Better Dynamic Snow and CRF.

Edited by MrManMain

5 answers to this question

xLODGen/DynDOLOD use the models and textures installed in the load order to generate LOD. Obviously you have mods that change the mountain LOD models or the snow LOD shaders.

Whatever mods have models in meshes\lod\mountains\*.nif are responsible for how mountain rocks look in the distance.

Whatever plugins modify 00050372 SnowLODMaterial or 0006AE38 SnowLODMaterialHD are responsible for how snow covered mountain rocks look in the distance

Typically the nearest LOD mountains use the full mountain slab texture, which seems fine.

Dumb luck finding this post right away. I just started using dyndolod, so I need to do more learning. But I had to post, that I have this same problem. I also have majestic mountains, I don’t have better dyn snow.

It’s a missing texture on the MM LODs, I think. I gotta figure out how to figure out what texture it is and plug that hole. I’m sure I’ll have to use xEdit and get some coords, but I haven’t really started troubleshooting yet. I just wanted to let ya know I too am seeing this.

I xEdit removed the 00050372 SnowLODMaterial reference from HD Lods Textures SE 1K V9.3 - DynDOLOD ONLY VERSION: "HD Lods SSE.esp", and regenerated. No luck yet.

It wasn't an organized attempt to fix, I just read through the other thread and figured I'd try during dinner.