Does STEP Core build recommend changing Skill Uncapper .ini settings

TechAngel85

• 4 months later...

Curious if STEP recommends updating the Skill Uncapper .ini settings for a more preferable/balanced leveling experience?

My understanding is the .ini file that is generated in the overwrite folder is just the vanilla settings.  If that is the case and we are not making any tweaks to the .ini file, are other mods dependent on Skill Uncapper and are then able to make adjustments to the leveling experience?

Curious if STEP recommends updating the Skill Uncapper .ini settings for a more preferable/balanced leveling experience?

My understanding is the .ini file that is generated in the overwrite folder is just the vanilla settings.  If that is the case and we are not making any tweaks to the .ini file, are other mods dependent on Skill Uncapper and are then able to make adjustments to the leveling experience?

No, we currently don't have any recommendations. It's always been left up to the users to decide how they want their experiences to be. We could look into defining some sort of recommendations for a future release. It's open for discussion if anyone would like to chime in on the subject.

• 10 months later...
bHideLegendaryButton = true

Above is a default setting in the .ini file. It means the button to make a skill legendary is hidden. Probably would make sense to change it to keep the default Skyrim experience.

Edited by wojsku

• 4 months later...

Appreciate this is an old thread, but I got very confused by this in my recent playthrough (first with DLC in a very long time) when, about 110 hours in, I finally got a skill to 100 and couldn't work out why I couldn't make it Legendary (turns out I could, but obviously the button gets hidden). Seems strange to have something in the STEP guide that doesn't actually change anything other than hiding a feature from the game. I also took a long time finding the right ini file (because somehow I ended up with one in with my saved games in Documents). I think it would be helpful to add maybe in the Baseline to switch the Legendary button back on at least? (And therefore also educate people where to find the ini file / tell them that they can tweak this to change gameplay - I use Vortex (against advice I know) so it is just in the game Data folder - don't really know how MO2 works for thing like that).