TechAngel85

System Setup Guide

I am excited to see the progress that has been made since my last visit to STEP. Thanks for all the great work!

I noticed a couple of typos on this page (stepmodifications.org/wiki/Guide:System_Setup_Guide):

1) There are two places where reference is made to "Modding Folder". I believe these should read "Modding" folder (since the folder is recommended to be called "Modding").

2) The suggested folder for xLOD outputs is currently "xLODGen_Oputput".  This should probably be "xLODGen_Output" (without the "p")

Posted (edited)

In the section titled "The "Modding" folder structure should now reflect:" the second line refers to the folder "..\Games\Modding\GameName".  I am not sure what step in the instructions produces that folder. Did I do something wrong? Or will that folder be created in a later step?

Also, it might be helpful to mention the subfolder "..\Games\Modding\Tools\xLODGen\xLODGen_Oputput" (with the correction I mentioned earlier).

Edited by FendisKhan

6 hours ago, FendisKhan said:

I am excited to see the progress that has been made since my last visit to STEP. Thanks for all the great work!

I noticed a couple of typos on this page (stepmodifications.org/wiki/Guide:System_Setup_Guide):

1) There are two places where reference is made to "Modding Folder". I believe these should read "Modding" folder (since the folder is recommended to be called "Modding").

2) The suggested folder for xLOD outputs is currently "xLODGen_Oputput".  This should probably be "xLODGen_Output" (without the "p")

I corrected these typos in the System Setup guide.

6 hours ago, FendisKhan said:

In the section titled "The "Modding" folder structure should now reflect:" the second line refers to the folder "..\Games\Modding\GameName".  I am not sure what step in the instructions produces that folder. Did I do something wrong? Or will that folder be created in a later step?

Also, it might be helpful to mention the subfolder "..\Games\Modding\Tools\xLODGen\xLODGen_Oputput" (with the correction I mentioned earlier).

I left this one alone, but I think you can ignore the ..\Games\Modding\GameName folder listed here. I suspect this was left over from before Mod Organizer supported global instances. If you choose "Create a global instance" as recommended by the guide, this one installed copy of Mod Organizer can be used to manage all supported games.

2 hours ago, Greg said:

I corrected these typos in the System Setup guide.

I left this one alone, but I think you can ignore the ..\Games\Modding\GameName folder listed here. I suspect this was left over from before Mod Organizer supported global instances. If you choose "Create a global instance" as recommended by the guide, this one installed copy of Mod Organizer can be used to manage all supported games.

Exactly. This had been fixed I thought but must have missed this one instance. It had been inconsistently recommended in many areas so all should now be consistent.

Just keep in mind when making changes to this Guide is that it's used for all games, not just Skyrim, so try to keep things generic.

Typo in Guide:Mod Organizer/Hide Assets:

3. To hide a file or folder, right-click on if and select [Hide].

• Thanks 1